PDA

View Full Version : New with panic attack

itshallpass
19-05-14, 21:49
Hi, I'm 43, female, I've had panic attacks in the past, but haven't had one in over 10 years. Had one yesterday. I went through a big clinical depression about 14 years ago, and have had a couple smaller depressive episodes since. I've been on Wellbutrin 300mg for the last 3 weeks or so, dealing with this most recent bout of depression, during which time I thought my anxiety was improving. Also during this time, I've been having a strange feeling in my left arm, off an on, where my fingers and arm feel weak and strangely disassociated from me, like a perception that I'm not able to control that arm and hand normally even though it's functional. It's also achy. I've never had this symptom before and didn't associate it with anxiety. Well, yesterday it came on pretty suddenly while I was playing piano and the next thing I knew I was having a full blown panic attack with tingling in that arm, wooziness, difficulty swallowing, focusing, slowed speech, and, of course, PANIC. I forgot how scary that is. I'm still having the strange weak left arm symptom. Feeling pretty wiped out today. Consulted a doc yesterday while it was happening and it's not heart attack, stroke, or anything serious. I've also been having a lot of muscle tension over the last 6 weeks or so, which I now understand is also an anxiety symptom.

In the past, I would experience some kind of environmental trigger for anxiety, and my anxiety was more about my emotional state. But now I'm experiencing primarily physical symptoms of anxiety that are preceding an anxiety attack. I feel like anxiety has found a new way to sneak up on me. I was looking for the old anxiety patterns, never expecting it would manifest this way.

Thanks for listening. If anyone has had similar experiences, it would be reassuring for me to hear them.

OCD-Greyback
19-05-14, 21:55
Greetings and such facts Miss.

I have no factual doubt you will find factual assistance from other DPG and lady members such as yourself here.

While I factually lack the profession of medicine, your factual physical symptoms can factually occur during, preceding or once stated attacks have occurred.

Factually stating when the physical form goes through a factual period of calmness, experiencing such facts as a Panic Attack in a new factual direction, can be daunting.

However you will succeed and such Miss, of this fact there is no uncertainty. Such facts of anxiety manifesting in alternate facts is probable, as it factually occurs with myself however through the fact of Intrusive Thoughts and such.

If I can be of factual assistance or you require and seek conversation and there is no DPG or lady present as they are factually suited for such, I am glad to be of factual use as per the usual and assist Miss.

Best of wishes to yourself. You should feel a fact of pride Miss, as those whom are aware of yourself do so also.