PDA

View Full Version : Food poisoning from chocolate?!

Trueman
19-05-14, 22:23
I had chicken for tea. Felt fine. All my family fine. Then later I had a small variety celebrations and ate one mini twix. At the time I ate it I thought it tasted strange, little stale? An hr later I'm doubling up with cramps and a little runny BM. Feels like its going to get worse before better. I hate food poisoining if that's what it is - but from chocolate?! Now I'm thinking it could be something truly awful and what if worst case scenarios.. Just from one little mini twix! I know it sounds silly.. Just another HA moment?

I'm trying hard not to google chocolate and food poisoning! Have checked my temperature as I always do. Why does such a stupid/small thing strike so much fear?!

HalfJack
19-05-14, 23:06
I worry every time I get cramps too. Hope you're feeling better soon x

Katie_cupcakes
19-05-14, 23:50
Its way more likely to have been the chicken that caused it. As long as you don't get any worse then you will be fine.

I was given one of those caramel chocolate biscuit bars once, thought it tasted a little funny/out of date when I ate it. A few days later the guy who gave me it asked if my biscuit had tasted a bit weird, I said actually yes it did..and he said yeah, I just noticed today that they were 2 years out of date!

(This was a household that never threw out anything, I also ate a piece of galaxy chocolate and had to spit it out coz it was so gross...it was about a year and a half out of date...yuk!)

Anyway, I don't really think it would give you food poisoning, coz I think these things have 'best before' dates rather than 'expiry dates'...so they're safe enough to eat, they just won't taste very good after a while.

nomorepanic
19-05-14, 23:52
It will most likely be the chicken to be honest

Yossino
20-05-14, 00:18
I had chicken for tea.

Ignorant Canadian laughing at that sentence. I assume tea is another word for a meal?

Serenity1990
20-05-14, 06:12
It will most likely be the chicken to be honest

I'd agree with this; though you can get food poisoning from anything meats are the most likely candidate, particularly poultry.

---------- Post added at 06:12 ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 ----------

Ignorant Canadian laughing at that sentence. I assume tea is another word for a meal?

In some parts of the UK yes. Not in London though: we like to keep things logical here. :roflmao:

Trueman
20-05-14, 07:24
Well I've had cramps all night, nausea and now more loose BM. If it was the chicken wouldn't the rest of the family be ill? Also I cooked the chicken really well day before and had some and was fine. The only thing I can think it was is the mini twix!

The only other thing is I came out in huge what I thought were midge bites yesterday. Not mosquito bites? So now I'm wondering about them.

See this is what happens.. Mind goes into overdrive. Can't help thinking there is something more sinister going on!

Yes here in UK we can refer to tea for our evening meal ha ha. Sorry about confusion!!

Ugh I hate this. One little thing turns into one huge illnesses. The thing that annoys me is I know my day is going to be rubbish now..

Katie_cupcakes
20-05-14, 07:30
You should phone the Dr or nhs24 for advice maybe? If it is food poisoning that can be serious.

My ex and my gran can have funny turns with chicken. Even when everybody else has had exactly the same thing, and its cooked properly, they both still get Ill after eating chicken sometimes. Its weird. My gran tends to just avoid chicken completely. My ex would still eat it and 9 times out of 10 be fine, then occasionally he would just get so ill from it and be off work and everything.

Best phone the Dr. But I really doubt it was the twix!

Trueman
20-05-14, 07:50
Are you not just supposed to see it out if its food poisoning? I will give it another 24hrs.. Not sure I'm going to venture far from either bed or bathroom today. So you might see me on this forum a bit today!

Katie_cupcakes
20-05-14, 07:55
Well food poisoning can kill people. However, if yours was that bad you would probably be dead by now, and quite often death related food poisoning comes from eating rice that's been sitting at room temperature for too long.
I think you'll be fine, but if it gets worse I would phone the Dr.

Trueman
20-05-14, 08:32
Don't say that! Thats going to make me worse.. ha ha.

Actually the cramps are getting really bad with the nausea now. On a level of 1-10, the cramps are around 8. And it's quite right sided the pain now. Not feeling great at all..