PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with my left side of the body

Leov718
20-05-14, 04:01
Hello new to this but need some answers I have been experiencing anxiety disorder new symptoms come and go but this one in particular is not disappearing . I am having pain in my left arm sometimes it goes to my hand gets numb or just shooting pain from arm to hand or fingers , but three is something else I keep feeling discomfort by my armpit and its kind of pushing it to my my breast area and the nipple gets very hard especial when I move around. It's driving me nuts please tell me if any one else has issues like that

---------- Post added at 03:01 ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 ----------

Hello new to this but need some answers I have been experiencing anxiety disorder new symptoms come and go but this one in particular is not disappearing . I am having pain in my left arm sometimes it goes to my hand gets numb or just shooting pain from arm to hand or fingers , but three is something else I keep feeling discomfort by my armpit and its kind of pushing it to my my breast area and the nipple gets very hard especial when I move around. It's driving me nuts please tell me if any one else has issues like that

I forgot to mention 3 ECG this month and a stress test normal

PHD Stress
20-05-14, 08:36
Hi Leov

I am also new to this anxiety/panic attack scenario. But I can tell you I have been having similar symptoms in my chest and armpit area. Although the chest is more frequent and the armpit less frequent. Anyways good luck!

eve22
20-05-14, 09:17
If you have ever seen anything i posted you will see that i have issues with the left side of my body as well, my left shoulder, left arm, left breast!
I'm always tensed on my left side, when i have panic my left arm tingles, burning sensation or it just feels weird!!!
I also have really tensed muscles most in my chest and upper back!!!

Hope things get better for you!!!:hugs:

Leov718
20-05-14, 13:22
Thanks guys I guess just have to fight with it

itshallpass
21-05-14, 19:19
Hi, I also have issues with the left side of my body--particularly my left arm. It feels weak, especially my pinky finger. It feels like I have less control and coordination, and sometimes it feels like it's someone else's arm. When my anxiety is up, the top of my forearm and upper arm tingle and all the feelings intensify. I think it's because I hold so much tension in that arm most of the time that it gets tired and weak, which feels really weird and unreal, and it triggers anxiety (the first time it happened I thought I was having a heart attack or a stroke so naturally I had a full blown panic attack :blush:).

It seems that, for me, the whole mess stems from too high a dosage of my anti-depressant (Wellbutrin/Buproprion). Dr says to cut the dosage in half, so we'll see if that helps. Meds are supposed to HELP, not make things worse! But you know how that one goes.

Try to recognize that it's a symptom of anxiety, and it's best not to fight it. Resistance increases tension, which increases anxiety and its symptoms, and there you are in a vicious cycle. I've been standing under a hot shower, taking my anti-anxiety med, lying down with soft music or a meditation recording. There are a few good ones for your smartphone: Omvana and anything by Meditation Oasis. Relaxing your mind and body is the best remedy, and telling yourself repeatedly that you're safe and loved. And, of course, avoid caffeine and other stimulants--we're stimulated enough! :scared15:

Hugs to you! :hugs: