PDA

View Full Version : Me Again

kelly246
09-12-06, 18:31
i was just wondering sometimes when im not even thinking about being anxious insometimes still get the synptoms like the strange heart beat feeling the shakyness just wondered if anyone else got this xx

lass
09-12-06, 19:37
Yes, I get lots of my symptoms when I least expect them - especially when I go to bed at night or try to relax. Takes a bit of getting used to but now I'm learning to ignore them (sometimes!).

Lynnann
09-12-06, 19:41
hi Kelly,

What you are experiencing is quite normal,
have a look through the first steps links, they are really useful, don't dispair if it takes a little while to find what works for you

Hugs to you

Lynnann

lewis_k
10-12-06, 02:57
i get that too. it freaked me out the first few times, but i've started to pick up on the pattern. generally when i begin to be anxious about something (like when i find a new symptom) i still generally feel normal physically. a day or so after i manage to get over it (like by seeing the doctor or finding good information on the internet) i find like you my body feels anxious even though my mind isn't (breathing/shaking/pulse). i think my body tends to react slowly, if that makes any sense.
hope you're feeling better today,
lewis

lewis_k
10-12-06, 02:59
i get that too. it freaked me out the first few times, but i've started to pick up on the pattern. generally when i begin to be anxious about something (like when i find a new symptom) i still generally feel normal physically. a day or so after i manage to get over it (like by seeing the doctor or finding good information on the internet) i find like you my body feels anxious even though my mind isn't (breathing/shaking/pulse). i think my body tends to react slowly, if that makes any sense.
hope you're feeling better today,
lewis

halfwayhome
11-12-06, 13:02
I am SO happy to have found this post.

I just went to the doctor (my psychaitrist) because I had been obsessing over these symptoms that I was certain were a brain tumor. After having TWO doctors tell me it wasn't, I still didn't believe them because they didn't do a CT scan or anyhing like that. So, I went to him. He took one look at me and went "my goodness you're suffering from anxiety." He put me on some medication, and assured me that he was 100% sure I didn't have a brain tumor of any kind.
That day, I felt a lot better. But, the next day< i woke up and my anxiety felt better, but - lo and behold, my symptoms were still there! This TERRIFIED me and so my anxiety came back and now I'm back where I started. I still feel the symptoms a bit even right now, but I'm tryign to ignore them and see them for what they are.

Thank you for posting this.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox