PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety takes a lot away from you.

StrayWookie
21-05-14, 14:48
And gives you bad things in return.

One of the things my anxiety has taken away, that I really do miss, is the ability to laugh. That belly laugh when something strikes your funny bone. I was watching a show on telly tonight and I almost burst out laughing but caught myself just before the Ha! as it is really hard to maintain regular breathing when you guffaw like a mad man. It scares me because I can't breathe normally if I laugh and that sends the anxiety rocketing.

So yeah, anxiety kills even the simple pleasures in life...

Ryan92
21-05-14, 15:40
Hi, anxiety has definitely taken a lot away from me.

Personally, It hasn't taken away my laughter. Pretty much all I watch on TV is comedy. I feel I've lost most of my friends, confidence and future prospects because of my anxiety. My anxiety makes me feel constantly guilty for no real reason, I'm also very critical of myself and feel that there's another side of me in my mind that wont stop criticising me.

My anxiety also makes me feel like my life has been crushed and I have no hope for the future :huh: Maybe if you try watching something on a day when you're feeling better or more positive, you might laugh :)

You might feel more positive if you do something like help someone that you know. Even spending time on here can help :), makes us realise we're not alone.

Sorry if I'm not much help :doh:

HalfJack
21-05-14, 16:33
Aww that sucks but at least you know what to work on to get you laugh back :)

I feel it's given and taken things away from me. I guess for me it's steered my life more than I wanted it to, but good things have still happened now and then.
For me it's taken away the ability to be financially independent, that's been the most frustrating.

Sunflower2
21-05-14, 16:35
It's like living in a protective irrational bubble you can't escape from. Good things are subdued and bad things are exaggerated out of proportion!

Rennie1989
21-05-14, 17:28
From my recovery I have learnt that (and please don't jump on me) anxiety only takes away as much as you let it. I thought my anxiety dictated my life, I dropped out of uni, lost friends and lots more but I have come to terms that I only let those go because I thought the anxiety had too much control, it didn't, I chose it to.