PDA

View Full Version : drs visit at last

JulieJay92
21-05-14, 15:07
well kinda went well but also scary

went in re my high BP etc they did it at the surgery and it was through the roof 220/125 :ohmy: (drs words not mine lol)

bearing in mind the language barrier where i freaked when she kept talking about vascular problems she wants me to wither go to the hospital for ekg/chest xray etc or visit the private cardiologist which brought on a major attack

she then gave me the most awful tasting tablet under my tongue to see if it would lower it and then 10 mins later appeared with a needle for diazapem injection :unsure:

eventually after 30 mins they came back to check bp and she was very happy with it at 170/80 (she explained the bottom number was most important to keep low, the top number was possibly due to my anxiety and or white coat syndrome)

i feel a little relieved but in the next 2 weeks (due to work) i will go to the hospital and get ecg etc

i decided if they do find something wrong (which the dr said she doubted there was a heart problem, just bp and anxiety) at lest i am going to get it treated either way and hopefully put my Heart anxiety behind me

StrayWookie
21-05-14, 15:12
Great that you got seen to! The BP was probably due to anxiety I agree, but you have now got the tests planned so if anything is wrong, you can get it seen to. Also awesome attitude!

JulieJay92
21-05-14, 15:16
well it was either that or drive myself and hubby insane

only thing that shocked me to be honest was they didnt do blood tests!! obv different than the uk

StrayWookie
21-05-14, 15:19
they will probs do bloods at the hospital maybe.

JulieJay92
21-05-14, 15:44
im guessing that too - just thought it strange lol

thanks x