PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found! Turns out I am not the only retching sufferer out there

cjemc
21-05-14, 17:56
What's scary though is the lack of any medical knowledge into this disgusting affliction...
Check out the link below and let me know what you all think
Thanks guys...

http://www.steadyhealth.com/Everyday_Random_Dry_Heaving_with_no_other_symptoms ___What_s_going_on__t93368.html

matt00
22-05-14, 11:06
I have been suffering with anxiety for about 7 years now and have now started with this about a year ago. Same old story, lack of medical knowledge, I'm lucky that I have a very good doctor who is trying his best to help me.

cjemc
22-05-14, 13:38
I have been suffering with anxiety for about 7 years now and have now started with this about a year ago. Same old story, lack of medical knowledge, I'm lucky that I have a very good doctor who is trying his best to help me.

Hi Matt, how badly do you get retching/dry heaving then? Have you had any tests done to try and figure out what is causing this? Does anything seem to help supress the retching?

matt00
22-05-14, 14:45
Had it for nearly a year now, always happens before going to work or at work, which I find strange because I'm very confident in doing my job well so I have no idea why it only happens then. I haven't had any tests although I've had many tests in the past and all have come back clear, I have just got some new tablets from the doctor although I'm waiting for work to tell me if I'm ok to take them or not, they are meant to help suppress the feeling apparently. It's not a nice feeling is it, really makes the anxiety levels go through the roof.

Fishmanpa
22-05-14, 16:24
What's interesting is that many if not most of the posts on that thread, all relate to a stressful situation or event that triggered it.

Based on what I've read here and on that thread, I truly don't feel this is a medical condition nor a lack of medical knowledge. You can search the internet till the day after tomorrow and it all comes down to stress and anxiety. Treat the root of the problem and you treat the symptoms.

Positive thoughts and good luck.

cjemc
22-05-14, 17:34
What's interesting is that many if not most of the posts on that thread, all relate to a stressful situation or event that triggered it.

Based on what I've read here and on that thread, I truly don't feel this is a medical condition nor a lack of medical knowledge. You can search the internet till the day after tomorrow and it all comes down to stress and anxiety. Treat the root of the problem and you treat the symptoms.

Positive thoughts and good luck.

Hi Fishmanpa. Yes I agree, in fact I don't think I have ever mentioned this but I have severe stress in my life since 2011 and guess when I started heaving/retching??? Yes ... 2011... Coincidence? I think not!!!