PDA

View Full Version : A question about swallowing

Orange Lightning
21-05-14, 19:44
A little while back, I posted about intolerable symptoms I've been getting, including a tight throat, shortness of breath, mucus-filled saliva and ear pain, along with my expected levels of anxiety. I also noted that Gaviscon etc didn't really help matters, and that despite the strictest diet and medications I've needed in a long time, nothing helps at all. As soon as I swallow my saliva or water, it all comes back. The tightness is especially worrying, and appears when I swallow something thick, from mucus to saliva to Gaviscon.

In what I admit was a desperate idea, I started spitting into tissues etc to stop myself swallowing, especially of there's mucus in my saliva. Doing so produces more saliva, but I try to keep it up until I have no choice but to swallow. As soon as I do, my symptoms return regardless of my level of stress or my diet/actions. One swallow and all the Lpr symptons return.

Am I missing something here? Why would almost all my symptoms stop if I don't swallow (or stifle a belch)? I'm hoping this isn't a sign my throat isn't super-damaged, but even if it is, why can I only feel pain from this one type of behaviour?

SIDE NOTE; I also feel like my own saliva - or anything I drink - enter my ear canal whenever I swallow it, feels exactly like 'swimmers ear' too.

spuder
21-05-14, 20:05
Sorry can't offer any help but have u seen a doctor? Xxxxxx hugs to
U hun

Orange Lightning
21-05-14, 20:05
Sorry can't offer any help but have u seen a doctor? Xxxxxx hugs to
U hun

Not yet; I've been on a waiting list for 3 weeks now, 2 more to go. The wait is just making me anxious though :p

spuder
21-05-14, 20:07
What 3 weeks to see a doctor how mad can't u get an emergency app

Orange Lightning
21-05-14, 20:28
What 3 weeks to see a doctor how mad can't u get an emergency app

Even they have long waiting times here; I've been trying for a long time now :( Just a sign of the times.