PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant and Losing It

bimmer18
21-05-14, 19:46
I have been dealing with anxiety all of my life. At age 22 I had my first panic attack and it spiralled from there. I tried dealing with the scary, debilitating effects for years without medication. Finally when I was 26 I got on Celexa 20mg and been on it ever since. The last five years (I turn 34 in a week) have been great. I got off the med 2 months before I got pregnant and dealt with the anxiety pretty well but now at 29 weeks with my first I am losing it and feel I'm going back to that dark, horrible place this all started from so long ago. I'm petrified of everything and of nothing. Can't sleep, can't eat and I feel so guilty I'm hurting my lo (although my doc says he's just fine and is a big boy). My OB just put me back my med. It's been two days and of course it's not in my system yet, but I'm feeling awful and losing hope. If any of you ladies have stories to share or inspirational words, I'd be so grateful. — feeling depressed.

AlexandriaUK
21-05-14, 20:14
My daughter-in-law suffered very much like you during her first pregnancy and slightly lost the plot,thankfully she had my grandaughter and suffered no great problems afterwards.
She has since blessed us with another baby girl and was perfectly fine second time round, I think having babies especially your first can be a frightening time which is quite normal as you are in an unknown area,its an amazing exsperience and can't be that has I had 5 sons x

Booboojenny
21-05-14, 22:02
Thinking of you...the meds worked before so will work again...don't give up HOPE you have a baby on the way who will soon make you the happiest ever!!! :yesyes:

Rollorcoastermoods
21-05-14, 22:23
Hi bimmer18 sorry to here what your going through, I do this to myself a lot if I'm goin somewere or suffering from a injury of some sort the first thing I start to do is think oh no I hope I my anxiety doesn't come back aswell, and from doing that I'm entering myself into a circle of worry without even realising it which as a lot of us know brings back anxiety so the morel of the story is if I worry about it I'm putting them thoughts there to muggle away at me slowly bringing on panic attacks the less I seem to think about it the less I seem to suffer, our minds are truly amazing and strong organs that can play tricks on us from time to time, you have got to place a positive thought over a negative one to help you get through it, I like to think a placebo works for me like convince myself for example if I'm eating a cucumber I look at the good facts what eating that cucumber can do for me and slowly you start to feel less and less anxious over time hope you feel better soon :-)

Catherine S
21-05-14, 23:19
I'm so glad what I thought you were saying in your thread title wasn't what I thought you meant. I was about to reply because my daughter-in-law recently had a miscarriage. Sorry I couldn't help with what you really meant but other people have so that's good. Take care.