PDA

View Full Version : More worry

googler192
21-05-14, 20:22
Yet more worry and more sleepless nights. Today i officially finished my degree so it should be the happiest day ever but I've been so upset and anxious all day.

I've had a sore throat for about a week now. Headache for the last two days before bed. Keep googling symptoms of HIV and coming to the worst case scenario possible.

Got sunburnt the other day and its itchy and i had a slight rash on my sunburn which could indicate some form of HIV related symptom? The rash is itchy and its so worrying.

Went to the GUM clinic on monday and she was very reassuring and told me that there is a 0.02% chance of me having caught anything and even if he did have HIV there was only a 1/500 chance of me having caught it from the first exposure. Rang today to try and get my blood results but they told me that i won't get my results until the 3rd June. Feels like years away.

Could this be some kind of Seroconversion symptoms? Worried sick. Not sleeping. Loss of appetite.

No one seems to understand. My friend keeps telling me that 'i'll be fine' but that just makes me feel more isolated as it makes me feel like no one understands what i am going through. Feel so alone. The only person that will understand my worry and anxiety is my ex boyfriend but i can't contact him even though it is so tempting.

I'm so frightened. I'm so ashamed of myself.

AlexandriaUK
21-05-14, 20:28
sun burn creates heat rash and itches like blazes, sore throat is very common and can be a reaction to stress, sleepless nights guaranteed to cause low grade headache,have I missed anything.
As for your results no matter how much you panic/worry it want alter the results which I'm sure will be normal

googler192
21-05-14, 20:39
Thank you for the reassurance - I need to calm down a little bit!