PDA

View Full Version : New me

janeyK9
09-12-06, 20:45
Hi everyone, you wouldn't believe the sense of relief i felt on discovering this site. I was so pleased to realise i'm not alone and that other people understand, that i cried with relief. I am 26, having suffered panic attaks from the age of 14. They always occur for me in social situations as i'm afraid of people seeing me having a panic attak- which causes me to panic!! I have OCD too :( My family and friends find it very difficult to understand so i do feel very isolated at times. Previously i have been given citalopram which was beneficial, but i hope to access some form of counselling/therapy to help with my thoughts.

I live alone, with my beloved dog who keeps me going when times are tough. I'm really looking forward to meeting some friends through the forum.

Janey

kazzie
09-12-06, 20:58
Hi Janey and welcome

I dont live alone but i have 3 dogs who look after me when hubby is at work.... pets are such a comfort arent they??? What sort of dog do you have ? ive got a labrador a poodle and a yorkie oh and 3 cats too

luv kaz x x x

janeyK9
09-12-06, 21:12
Hi Kaz
Thats a busy household! I have a patterdale terrier and she's quite a character. If she's not doing circuits of the living room she's quite happy to snuggle up on the sofa or on my knee. Wouldn't be without her. Was delighted to have my first reply!

Janey xx

honeybee3939
09-12-06, 21:22
Hi Janey,

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some Great advice here while making new friends on the way.:D

Glad to hear the Citalopram as been beneficial for you, im taking Citalopram too and its helped me also, hope we can be of some help.

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

clickaway
09-12-06, 21:38
Hi Janey and welcome to NMP.

I am sure you will find many people here in a similiar position to you and comfort gives so much relief.

Are you on a waiting list fot therapy? Cognitive Behaviour Therapy can be good for OCD, Panic Attacks and Social Anxiety so I hope you can find that treatment.

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

trac67
09-12-06, 21:57
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

yorkylover
09-12-06, 23:47
Hi Janey,welcome to know panic.you will get lots of support here.Another doggie lover,they are such a great compfort to us arnt they.:DI would never be without a dog.I have two.
take care

Ellen XX

manmoor
10-12-06, 00:37
Hi Janey,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

mooks
10-12-06, 00:49
hi janey
welcome
im off work at the mo due to a bad spell...my two dogs are my life line
xxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
10-12-06, 03:57
hi janey
welcome ......im glad ya found this site as i have its a relief knowing ya not the only one........lots of good people here and info..........wish ya the best.......Linda tc[8D]

sandlin
10-12-06, 12:23
Welcome aboard Janey-its a great place to be this site-loads of friendly people and helpful advice

Linda

Lynnann
10-12-06, 17:26
Hi Janey,

Welcome to the forum, you will make some good friends and get some great advice and support.

Guess what I have a Patterdale Terrier as well, cute aren't they and full of character. Look forward to bumping into you in chat.

Hugs to you

Lynnann

jillyb
10-12-06, 17:36
Hi Janey

I am glad you have found this site. I too suffer from anxiety and it is sooooo good to find people like us! My husband, who is very relaxed about everything, finds it really hard to help me and sometimes gets a bit frustrated with it (well, very, actually) so it is good to pop into here. I am sure you will get a lot of benefit and help from here. Keep smiling!
Jilly

janeyK9
10-12-06, 19:19
Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome! Look forward to chatting to you all some more.

Janey

Linnea
10-12-06, 20:39
Welcome to the forum :D Hope you get a lot of good things out of it!

/Linnea

LickeyEndBlues
10-12-06, 23:33
Hi Janey

As you have found out there are lots of friendly helpful people in here. You will also have plenty of advice and support at hand.

i'm on Citalopram and found once it really got into my system i has made a difference. I am waiting on CBT but have also looked at retraining as a way to help me recover. Using this site is also very beneficial.

Take care

Iain...two cats and two kids!!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?