PDA

View Full Version : Got an exam today and really don't feel I can face it

Bexx1
22-05-14, 11:51
Hello everyone
I have an exam today and I really don't want to go. I can't stop crying because I am having a terrible day with my anxiety I can't stop worrying and this exam is just adding to it. I haven't revised and I don't want to fail and I can't face siiting their for an hour and 20 minutes I just can't. I don't know what to do.

Annie0904
22-05-14, 12:08
Hi Bexx Not sure how old you are, is your exam at school or university? The anticipatory anxiety is usual worse and if you could get there maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Are there any of your tutors who you can speak to before to help you?

Bexx1
22-05-14, 12:16
I am at college. It is that but its mixing with my heightened everyday anxiety as well so I feel awful.

Annie0904
22-05-14, 12:26
Do you have any Bach rescue remedy or anything you can take...chamomile tea? We need to get you calmed down so that you can do your exam. What time is the exam? Deep breath in through your nose, hold it in for a count of 5 and let it out slowly. Keep repeating until you feel calmer. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

swgrl09
22-05-14, 13:33
Well, look at it this way. If you don't go, you will fail. If you do go, you might pass. So try to take some deep breaths, have some tea, and use this time to review your notes before taking the test.

---------- Post added at 08:33 ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 ----------

Also, every college I have been to or heard of has offered free counseling services to students. Maybe you could look into that?

marlowe78
23-05-14, 01:32
I'll rubber stamp the last post. You're afraid of doing poorly on the exam and a way of definitely doing poorly is not showing up for it. You obviously want to pass, so the way to do that is to go and take it. You feel horrible now but in my experience with test taking, the stress goes down once you're in the room and get started on answering the questions.

You seem very conscientious of your classes to worry so much. So I assume you've studied. You most likely know what you need to.

If it's any help, we're all behind you here. :)

Bexx1
23-05-14, 14:12
Thank you all it went well :)

Annie0904
23-05-14, 14:22
Thank you all it went well :)
Really pleased to hear this :yesyes:

swgrl09
23-05-14, 14:26
Wonderful!