PDA

View Full Version : New symptom...

cjemc
22-05-14, 17:37
OK... The last few days I have been retcing/heaving badly... I have noticed that I feel very gassy but not in my upper GI but rather it feels like just left of where my belly button is, maybe slightly lower... Anyway I feel gassy and if I tense up my tummy and hold my breath I get the strangest rumbling sound emanating from the place where I feel gassy and I then feel a load of gas coming up through my system and I end up burping it out... Is it possible to have burps coming from a problem as low down as your belly button area?
I thought all burps/gas came from the stomach directly to the mouth?
I am thinking of mentioning this to my Gastroenterologist because I don't think an ordinary scope can see that far down... Would an abdominal scan show up if there is anything irritating my lower GI tract?

Fishmanpa
22-05-14, 17:49
Of course I'm not a doctor but I've read more than my share of posts here. What you describe may be attributed to acid reflux, GERD and possibly IBS. I would definitely mention it to the doctor and no, I don't think it's a coincidence with your symptoms and timing ;)

Positive thoughts

cjemc
24-05-14, 12:04
Of course I'm not a doctor but I've read more than my share of posts here. What you describe may be attributed to acid reflux, GERD and possibly IBS. I would definitely mention it to the doctor and no, I don't think it's a coincidence with your symptoms and timing ;)

Positive thoughts

Yes I will mention this. What are home remedies for Acid Reflux, GERD and IBS???