PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to fully leave your system, confused

Suffering
22-05-14, 18:37
Hi, I only took Prozac 20mg for 3 days, I know I was useless:sad: but I couldnt stand the extra anxiety that was getting worse on top of my already high anxiety, and didnt want a repeat of my attempt to take Seroxat years ago which really scared me.
I just stopped taking them as didnt think 3 days would need tapering and apart from being light headed at times which could be my anxiety Im fine. I just wondered how long it takes to rid this drug from your system. Ive read loads of conflicting advice about the half life ranging from 9 days to 45 days for people who stopped after such a short time.
Ive been invited out which will involve a few glasses of wine and I dont want to risk making myself ill. I stopped taking it 8 days ago.
Thanks for any replies.

Rochelle121
23-05-14, 09:03
Sorry you felt you couldnt carry on with it, could you not have tried it along side diazipam? Anyway id imagine it would be out of your system by now.
Take care xx

Suffering
23-05-14, 17:17
Hi, thanks for replying, I hope you are feeling a bit better and well done for sticking with it, you deserve to succeed with this.
I think I panicked, I didnt give it a thought to ask for something else to help me, didnt realise I could tbh and was so scared Id get the awful thoughts I got on Seroxat, as I was heading that way and I would have never have forgiven myself so decided to stop.
Take care and thanks again xxx

aprilmoon
23-05-14, 17:49
Hi
If you ring the pharmacy in one of the big stores they can give you a more definitive answer,I've rang many times over different things and they've been really helpful.

Suffering
23-05-14, 19:45
Thanks, never thought of that :)

aprilmoon
23-05-14, 19:47
I have my moments :D

Suffering
23-05-14, 21:00
:D:D:D