PDA

View Full Version : DENTIST EEEK!!!

kazzie
09-12-06, 23:16
Hi All
I have the dentist on tues for fillings!!! I hate dentists used to go to a nice private one but sssooooo expensive im now with an NHS one!!!
Had a check up a couple of weeks ago and he seemed nice but now I have to go for treatment YIKES!!!
Anyone else go to an NHS dentist and are they nice to you???
Dreading it already and its 3 days away yet lol
APPT IS 1.30 please sent me positive vibes!!!

luv kaz x x x

Quirky
09-12-06, 23:23
Hi Kazzie,

I am sending positive vibes your way but I think you'll be fine.

I understand your fear, I don't like the dentist myself. Some years back I put off having my wisdom teeth out for years but then I did it in my lunch hour and it was fine. After that I was fine for years with the dentist.
Then last year I got into a real tizzy over having a filling, because I needed anaesthetic. I suffer from ME so wasn't sure if I'd react to it. They gave me a special type and I was fine. I have had a couple of fillings since then and didn't even have anaesthetic with it!
I went to the dentist last week and was told I have gum disease now. This means they have to clean my teeth UNDER my gums which will make them bleed like mad. I just can't imagine how they will get something under my gums and I had a huge panic about it. I feel calmer about it now but the appt isn't until January - may be different nearer the time!

Anyway sorry to go on but wanted you to know you're not alone. Good luck with it all.

Lisa x

PS My dentist is NHS, in fact the last few I have seen are and they have all been fine and totally lovely and reassuring.

kazzie
09-12-06, 23:31
Thanks Lisa

I feel better now and ive had the cleaning thing done earlier this year and its fine.... not as scarey as it sounds and dident hurt a bit

Thanks for the NHS bit

luv kaz x x x

Quirky
09-12-06, 23:33
Hi Kazzie,

Glad you feel a bit better now :D.

Thanks for the tooth cleaning info too. This isn't a normal cleaning thing though, they need to get 4mm under my gums (possibly even down to the root by shoving something under the gums) and I have been told it will be uncomfortable. Most things are worse than we imagine though I think, it's often the anticipatory anxiety that is worse than the actual event!

Take care,

Lisa x

yorkylover
09-12-06, 23:52
Hey Kazz,Iv got the hygenist in January and I hate all that cleaning.I think dentists are pretty up on the anxiety and panic these days,they seem to know how to help nervouse patients.Drink lots of camomile,you will probably be really chilled out but will keep needing a p.Im sure all will be ok.
luv

Ellen XX

manmoor
10-12-06, 01:16
Hey Kazzie,

Loads of positive vibes coming your way hun. xxxx

Take Care

Mandyxx

vernon
10-12-06, 10:34
Hi Kazzie. I am and always have been the worlds worst with dentist no matter how good they are. The phobia I have is so overwhelming, I am 57 so it probs stems back to when I was young and the dentistry wasn’t very good them days. The dentists when I was at school where usually in big old cold churches, the chair was like something out of a horror movie, they used to strap you in the chair, Put a big metal object in your mouth to hold mouth open, then put on a gas mask which was horrible and we used to try and fight but no good as I was strapped in the chair. The alternate was cocaine injection in the gum, the needles where so big then they didn’t throw needles away they just sterilised them between patients so you can imagine how blunt they must have got. However the dentist is brilliant now and not much pain (50 years later) but for some reason I still have this terrible fear and phobia of them, I have tried hypnosis and all sorts but can’t budge the fear. I have had abscess and been in so much pain but still haven’t gone. But now I do go but suffered so much discomfort for the neglect I have done to my teeth/ mouth, they are on top of all the work now and it isn’t as bad to go. If only I didn’t let my fear win and go I would have had such an easy time as prevention is always better than cure? But as I said I am still afraid and always ask dentist to put some of that gel they put on your gum before injecting. The gel freezes the gum before the injection and I find that helps a lot. You go girl and keep on top of it, and you will be fine. Take care, Vernon

Wenjoy
10-12-06, 14:59
Hi there - like Vernon (i am 46) my dentist when I was a child

didnt believe in injections and let me suffer the drill without one

also when he did rarely use an injection it was a HUGE needle

and was awful. Thankfully now my dentist puts the gel on

tbhe gums first to numb it before the injections go in. My

problem is once he starts probing in my gob I start to swallow

and breathe funny ending up sighing a lot in the chair

and hyperventilating. He knows I am asthmatic and am

terrrified of the dentist but I still go every 6 months and

am usually ill before the appointment but fine once out of

the chair and wonder what all the fuss was about. I think

its our mind playing tricks on us - maybe listening to an

mp3 player in the chair would be a good idea!!

Love wenjoy x

kazzie
11-12-06, 14:51
Thanks everyone!!!

Dentist phoned this morning to remind me of my appt NEXT tues i got the date wrong so now have another 8 days to dread it in GGGRRRRR

luv kaz x

Phill2
14-12-06, 07:28
Hi Kazzie
I'm with you.Next Wednesday I have to go and it's either root canal or extraction.
My hands are sweating already !!!!
Thinking of you
Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

LickeyEndBlues
14-12-06, 09:29
Kazzie...you don't need a dentist you need a personal assistant!!! lol

Vern...you described my dentist when I was a child there, except mine had a house which looked as if it was used for "The Adams Family"!!!

Currently I have a NHS dentist here and he is great but he is still fighting with my dental demons!!!

Have fun on Tuesday Kazzie..will be thinking about you.

Iain
x

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Piglet
14-12-06, 10:49
Lots of positive vibes for you mate :D:D

<center> :) * | * | * :) * | * | * | * :)</center>

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

999madmax
18-12-06, 13:23
Hi all,
I hope all you`re apps went well?!!
I`m dreading tomorrow as i have the dentist in the afternoon. At it is a new Dentist and i know i have a lot of problems to deal with! As last time i had pain relief, which meant i had to go a week later, but i missed it and by now i know i have a lot more problems. Aaah!!
hopefully the NHS will cover it, but if not i know it will be at least £350 +. As my last complete check and fixes was gonna be £280!!!
Never mind, gotta go sometime soon!!!
Take Care

LOL
Madmax
-*-

kazzie
18-12-06, 18:07
Thanks all of you:(

Well tommorrow is the day and i feel ill!!! Ive been worrying all day cant eat etc etc!!!

Ho hum

Luv Kaz x x x:(

999madmax
19-12-06, 15:54
Kazzie,
Hope you app went alright! I have just got back from mine and it was a good surprise...
Only 3 fillings and a few touch ups here and there.! Not bad for a days work. TeHe
`Laughing Gas` - I wish...

:):):)

LOL
Madmax
-*-

LickeyEndBlues
19-12-06, 16:11
OK Kazzie...how was it!! Did you survive?

Iain

yorkylover
19-12-06, 16:33
Good luck tomorrow Kazzie,it will be ok.:)
luv

Ellen XX

kazzie
19-12-06, 16:34
Thanks Max Lickey and all!!!

Well I went had 8 fillings and I was fine he was really nice to me and even had me laughing in the chair at his crappy jokes!!!:D Now I feel silly for making a fuss[:I]

Anyhow Thank You All for the great support(as always:D)

Lots Of Love

(a rather numb) Kaz x x x

chillx
19-12-06, 16:40
Hi Kazzie,

Well done. 8 fillings, you were brave!!!!!!

chillx

kilvosa
19-12-06, 16:48
Hi Kazzie
I vote im the worst dental phobic ever a needle comes near me and im in tears lol. Have just got a dentist after waiting 15 months as when we moved you couldnt get in one. Well the children and i went yesterday they were fine and i sent them out when i went in the chair!!! Anyway he says there not bad (whos he kidding) ive got just the roots left of one of my teeth and he said we wont do anything before christmas go make an appointment. Well cant get back till March and asked the receptionist what was i having done . She looked and said dont know you need 2 twenty minute appointments!!!! Oh my now ill be panicking till then they cant even give me an estimate of how much its gonna cost. My last dentist was brill and used to get a print out of treatment and cost. This dentist was like a back street place tiny little dentist waiting room and tiny dentist surgery too .Help!
Anyway Kazzie glad you got through yours ok you can come with me if you like.
Take care Anne xx

Piglet
19-12-06, 17:24
Well done Kazzie :D:D

Piglet x

kazzie
19-12-06, 17:53
Thanks E llen and Piglet!!!

Anne dont panic mine is a "backstreet" place not posh like my old dentist and i was in the chair for an hour!!! Tell the dentist you are nervous i did and mine was lovely!!! When i left i really wondered why i paid a private one for all those years!!!

Pm me any time

Luv kaz x

LickeyEndBlues
19-12-06, 18:11
Well done Kazzie my dear!! Sounds lik eyou had a fun filled afternoon...have you stopped dribbling yet??

One of my dentists was telling me how they used to train to give injections particularly to folks with issues. He said it was all about technique and timing and using the non needle hand to cover the eyes of the recipient subtley. I was pretty impresed at what he told me until he said, the first time he tried to do it he injected his hand!!!

Iain

Phill2
19-12-06, 20:52
Well done kazzie
My appt is in an hour and my hands are sweating.
You've given me hope though. It may not be as bad as my imagination thinks
Phill

yorkylover
20-12-06, 08:15
WELL DONE
[Yeah!];):);)
luv

Ellen XX

Phill2
20-12-06, 08:21
Well Guys
As usual the anticipation was worse than the event.
Just 2 fillings to be done after Xmas
Phill

kazzie
20-12-06, 13:11
WELL DONE PHIL:D

LUV KAZ X X X

Piglet
20-12-06, 13:26
Well done Phil - I think little gold star badges are in order for all dentist users recently!! :D:D

Well done everybody!

Piglet xx

Phill2
22-12-06, 02:58
Thanks Guys
Phill

shoegal
22-12-06, 03:38
I also have a phobia of the dentist. I can't eat the day before, can't sleep the night before and am literally sick before the appointment. My Dad usually takes me as I am in too much of a state to go by myself, so we devised a cunning plan. My Dad books my appointment months in advance so I don't know when it is and then he just turns up on the day and drives me straight there. Yes, I still panic and feel sick, but at least I've had a good nights sleep and not had weeks of worry before hand! It works for me.... try it!

kazzie
26-12-06, 19:08
WELL IVE MANAGED TO KNOCK OUT ONE OF ME NEW FILLINGS OVER XMAS!!!!
WILL HAVE TO HOPE DENTIST WILL SEE ME TOMM TO REPLACE IT LOL
ALL THAT STRESS FOR NOTHING LOL

KAZ X X X

Phill2
27-12-06, 09:55
Hi kazzie
You poor thing
Hopefully it won't be so bad this time around
phill

kazzie
29-12-06, 21:05
Well dentist wouldent see me this week as lost filling isent an emergency so gotta go tues now at 2 45 pm

My dentist that ive just got used to is away so ANOTHER strange dentist to contend with!!!!

WHO INVENTED TEETH GGGGRRRRRRRR

KAZ X X X