PDA

View Full Version : Scared im losing touch with reality and going crazy

AnxiousPansa
22-05-14, 22:38
Hi all
I am really scared im going crazy and losing touch with the world. I use to love the movie inception, until today when it got me really scared. I keep thinking what if reality isn't real and im in a coma or a dream. Then from this I went on to think Im going mad, apparently not telling difference between dreams and reality is a sign of schizophrenia/physcosis. I then read an article about how we all are 'dreaming' everythings made of particles we just dream the rest up, which totally freaked me out and hurt my head even more. I keep trying to tell myself its just my anxiety - if it was really a dream I wouldn't be able to go to sleep in my own dream! I just really need some reassurance im not going crazy. My head feels fuzzy aswell like I can't think im so scared Im going mad.

RoseEve
22-05-14, 23:02
Most of us have had this fear at one time or another. Just remember that fear of insanity means you're actually not going insane. People that are falling into psychosis are unaware of their descent. As long as you fear it's impossible to go insane.

AnxiousPansa
22-05-14, 23:26
Thats what I usually say to this fear but I read in early stages you do worry your going mad (granted i dont think this was by a medical proffesional)

Fishmanpa
22-05-14, 23:38
Thats what I usually say to this fear but I read in early stages you do worry your going mad (granted i dont think this was by a medical proffesional)

I once read that aliens walk among us. I've met some people who could probably pass as aliens but don't believe everything you read ;)

Positive thoughts

AnxiousPansa
23-05-14, 00:13
hehe thanks fishmanpa thats a downfall of mine always trust everything I read hehe

---------- Post added 23-05-14 at 00:13 ---------- Previous post was 22-05-14 at 23:42 ----------

Its not helping that I just saw a post saying if you're reading this your in a coma please wake up whilst blogging that freaked me out couldn't have worse timing

RoseEve
23-05-14, 01:15
I was told by 3 medical professionals that if you fear it it's not happening.

snowqueen23
23-05-14, 04:10
Have you tried reading any Buddhist texts? The Buddhists say that "reality" is kind of a shared illusion that we all participate in together. It's nothing to be scared of, this idea. What it means is that we use our minds more than we think to shape our "reality", kind of like the character in a story writing his own story. I personally think it's kind of cool, and it gives me a lot of peace to think I have this much control over how I interact with life, and the world.

LunaLiuna
23-05-14, 13:24
^^^

Humans live in their minds and from their minds more than any other being. This is the illusion/coma that they talk about. Makes sense doesn't it? To put this into perspective, you have a very big mind but a very little body. You need both, like a north needs a south. Black and white etc. To make it even clearer when your eating your dinner are you really eating it, tasting it and smelling it. Or are you in your mind, thinking or even watching TV. If it's any of the latter, to a Buddhist you'll be doing nothing, your not even there as you're doing 5 different things at once? Not one of them taking your full attention :)

Anyway I'll shut up now. Just thought I could help by elaborating on what snowqueen said .... Somehow :roflmao: