PDA

View Full Version : I'm part of the Doc's waiting room furniture!

emmalouise92
23-05-14, 00:09
Hi there everyone, just discovered this site and it looks like i'll be spending a good lot of my time on it!

Soo yeah.. severe health worrier, mostly of the 'C' word - it's like saying Voldemort - makes me shrivel up

Does any one else find it hard to distinguish between anxiety related symptoms - i.e symptoms that are not there and are actually in your head and real symptoms?

I battle with my mind every second of every day

panicbird
23-05-14, 12:53
Hi Emmalouise, I feel exactly the same as you. I have lost all perspective on anything health related. I'll give you a couple of examples:
mark just under my eye - skin cancer
chest pain - heartattack
headache - blood clot on brain
I have felt like this for a few weeks now. I have some really good days where I think "yes, I have this under control" and I feel pretty well, not 100% but OK. Then the next day, back down in the depths of anxiety.
Hope you feel better soon.

GadGirl
23-05-14, 14:09
Hi There nice to meet you.

I am the Same black dot on toes melanoma, sore nipples breast cancer. Its amazing what anxiety makes you think.

MissAnxiety
23-05-14, 23:31
Hey emma have a look on the health anxiety forum, there is so many of us on there and we all sound exactly the same with panicking over every single pain and mark. Hope you find NMP useful. I wouldn't be without it and have made some really good friends who understand just what you are going through xxx