PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts with anxiety?

Lyn89
23-05-14, 07:58
I think this is common with anxiety and OCD (mine is about change, I can't stand if things aren't the same or different in some way) but I get these random words or phrases that pop into my head for no apparent reason. Like it has nothing to do with what I'm doing at the time or what I'm worried about. It's especially noticeable when I'm falling asleep or in the morning when I'm getting ready for my day. I've had it before and it's never really bothered me, but does anyone know exactly why this happens?

I guess it could be because I just bought a new bed and my OCD doesn't like the change, but anyone who gets this and knows why it would be great to hear from you!

Ryan92
23-05-14, 14:04
Hi Lyn, This sounds just like me, I'm especially bad in the mornings and trying to fall asleep too. It's understandable that your having these obsessive thoughts when there has been a change in your life, I get them too, they're so annoying :shrug: hopefully they'll lower soon for you :hugs:

If I try to block them, sometimes I can't stop having these thoughts for even longer, uhhh :doh: I try to let them pass or not notice them if I can. When I have chance, doing something like a hobby, watching a comedy can help take my mind off these thoughts.

Sorry if I'm not really much help, Im struggling with the same thing.

Lyn89
23-05-14, 16:30
Hi Ryan, thank you for the reply :) it sounds like we're going through very similar things! I obsess over change and whether I'm still okay or not all the time, it's so annoying. Funnily enough comedy helps me too! And work. I'm lucky enough to love my job at least.

And that did really help, no worries! I'm actually pretty okay otherwise :) I've only recent really started to feel better and thst gives me room to reflect so I have all these questions now that my head is processing everything properly. So thanks so much :) hang in there, I hope your thoughts are giving you too much trouble lately

aprilmoon
23-05-14, 16:41
Hi Lyn and Ryan!
Yup,happens all the time with me in the mornings!
I just think,that's my brain waking up,and just let it chunner away.
As I wake up more,it usually settles down,as other things take my interest and attention.
I'd just ignore it as being that,and not worry.:)

Fishmanpa
23-05-14, 16:46
I get them and I just have occasional bouts of "scanxiety".... but then again I'm a musician and a bit on the "different" side. For example.... this morning I all of a sudden remembered an event from my young childhood... just a strange random event. No reason, no rhyme.... just came into my mind as I was waking up.

Positive thoughts

Lyn89
23-05-14, 21:19
Thank you so much for the replies everyone. It seems like a really common thing. Annoying, but harmless

Ryan92
25-05-14, 22:02
Thank you so much for the replies everyone. It seems like a really common thing. Annoying, but harmless

Hi Lyn, glad your finding NMP helpful :)

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

Hi Lyn and Ryan!
Yup,happens all the time with me in the mornings!
I just think,that's my brain waking up,and just let it chunner away.
As I wake up more,it usually settles down,as other things take my interest and attention.
I'd just ignore it as being that,and not worry.:)

Hi april, that's a great way to think positively about your thoughts, hope it continues to help you, I need to try and be more positive with my thoughts, something such as this is really helpful, thanks :D

Rennie1989
25-05-14, 23:06
My mind is so fleeting that I can go from one scenario, memory, theory or song to another. Doesn't help with my creative writing when I'm trying to stay on one, single train of thought XD