PDA

View Full Version : cant believe this is all HA related

tracieann
23-05-14, 14:05
stomach is still no better i feel so crap eating is minimal and forced lost 4lbs in a week and a half exhausted stomach so sore queasy a fair bit of time stools (sorry TMI) up and down gastritis just not healing right anx makes it worse but sure its not all anx it cant be not to feel this bad also gallbladder low rib area sore too can anyone advise please:weep:

LeFi_81
23-05-14, 14:31
Have you gone to the Dr?

Sorry, I do not know your history so I have to ask.

I hope you can talk to someone.

Worriedwellornot
23-05-14, 15:06
Hi Tracie I'm in the same position as you, wondering if all my symptoms are HA. I have the sore rib , bowel and tummy problems. So far had endoscopy and pelvic scan all ok. Tomorrow colonoscopy, so I hope that gives me some answers. I have had this for 9 months. What about you?

tracieann
23-05-14, 15:20
its been going on a long time last had endoscopy 2012 dec said gastritis and duodenitis bloods liver function and kidney bloods taken in march all normal been off my antidepressants and had to go on them again anxiety is bad but stomach shows no sign of getting any better im scared have cancer phobia anyway but this is making me petrified and so low i see dr regularly she said up omeprazole but bloating is shocking i know their not really worried but i am

Jen1989
23-05-14, 16:49
Have you been tested for any food allergies? I cant tolerate gluten and if I eat even the tiniest portion my stomach looks lke I'm 6 months pregnant xXx

tracieann
23-05-14, 17:32
No Jen I haven't just can't carry on much longer like this my stomach has been not great for a while tried slippery elm and I feel terrible even if there's nothing sinister which I think there is I can't carry on being told I have to live with a stomach like this it's,dreadful and no life either nauseous bloated in discomfort or unable to eat I'm getting where I'm past coping any longer sorry to hear about your allergy x

edwardthebear
23-05-14, 18:54
Hi tracieann sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad. I was diagnosed with Gastritis & Duodenitis like you following an Endoscopy a number of years ago. Anxiety can play havoc with your stomach especially if you have a pre-existing condition. I personally found Ranitidine to be a bit more effective than Omeprazole, maybe have a word with your GP next time about trying something different.

tracieann
23-05-14, 21:49
Thanks edwardthebear did you get rid of yours with ranitidine I originally was diagnosed in 2009 and I've been battling it since then but the last six months sometimes it's been dreadful and the last 3 almost permanently rubbish it just scares me in case it turns into something bad

edwardthebear
23-05-14, 23:00
No it didn't get rid of it completely but I got a bit more relief with it. I still have some awful days with it, mind you I have got IBS as well so it is hard to know where one ends and the other begins. Hope you feel better soon.

tracieann
25-05-14, 20:35
Have tried my best to relax this weekend and last night actually went to a nice family
social event I drank only water and had a hot beef sandwich and roast potatoes came home slept last night stomach bad this morning bowel too took slippery elm earlier to ease gut can't win now convinced something bad is going on not just HA

tracieann
28-05-14, 18:48
Well on the 20mg Omeprazole instead of 10mg stomach not much different bloated after eating etc bowel dreadful I'm sure now this is not all anxiety have ibs for years but this isn't like usual I'm scared bad things are going on even checked stats for stomach cancer I'm afraid seeing Dr monday how I will cope till then heaven knows

tracieann
29-05-14, 10:57
Fear is shocking at the moment my body is in meltdown feel like locking myself away i cant cope like this any more I don't want to eat at all the Omeprazole does help a little but maybe it's masking something sinister OMG it's scary

Angelika
29-05-14, 11:31
Thanks edwardthebear did you get rid of yours with ranitidine I originally was diagnosed in 2009 and I've been battling it since then but the last six months sometimes it's been dreadful and the last 3 almost permanently rubbish it just scares me in case it turns into something bad

I don't know your medical history T, but I will say this. When I had a long, bad bout of GAD some time ago, my stomach was unbearable. I lost two stone altogether, couldn't eat, my stomach was churning and burning and I felt sick all day. It was unbearable. When the anxiety passed, my stomach was fine. A year later I was trying to lose weight. Sometimes a lot of our horrible symptoms are anxiety related or made worse by the anxiety chemicals etc.

tracieann
29-05-14, 11:39
Angelika thank you so much for your helpful reply have severe cancer phobia especially with stomach obsessed almost but DO have tummy problems anyway gastritis and duodenitis long term but swopping and changing antidepressants hasn't helped my anxiety depression or my tummy can't get it out of my head that this time it's something very serious and if I lose weight I feel certain it is so I eat food I don't want to try and keep my weight stable then end up feeling even worse it's a terrible situation round and round it helps to know what you told me just feel sad you had such a bad time xxxx

Jonesle
30-05-14, 18:02
Hi tracie, hope your feeling better today?
I think I have ibs, got told it's probably ibs by my dr a few years ago and all my symptoms seem to fit.
I ALWAYS think it's worse every time I get an episode but once it's passed I realise it was actually the same. You just think it's always worse this time, classic!
What evidence have you got that it's worse this time and serious?
You must take your mind off it somehow, or think about how your going to react
1) get flustered, panic, sit around thinking about the worse case scenario, stress yourself out (which makes ibs worse) eat crap (which makes it worse) or....
2) think how annoying it is to have ibs, get a glass of water and eat a banana and get on with your day, focus on the task at hand and get some housework done, catch up with a friend?
Which person do you want to be? Xxxxxx

tracieann
30-05-14, 22:20
Number 2 Jones's love but my phobia makes me number 1 x

Jonesle
31-05-14, 11:15
Mine too, I'm working with a therapist to help me see that I can choose to be person 2. Just need to stop and think and choose rather than automatically being person 1, I've done it so long now it's a go to method but it's not working, don't like myself at the moment!
Xxx