PDA

View Full Version : New Here :)

GadGirl
23-05-14, 14:05
Hi everyone,

New here, I was advised that it was a good place to come too, to talk and meet people like me :)

So Hello nice to meet you all

My Story:

Well my anxiety started when i was 17 years old after being diagnosed with SVT that was frightening... Bad attacks for years and years hospital trips etc. however now 6 years later I don't get many flair ups as i used to and can normally knock my heart back in to a proper beat. However i have still had to deal with the constant GAD. everyday from the minute i wake up to the minute I sleep. refused medication aswell.. Health anxiety im always dying of something and food anxiety is a new 1 for some reason im scared to eat tuna and peanuts in-case I got in to anaphylactic shock. constant feelings of i going to die soon. through this however i have managed to be in stable employment ( all though sick days are common) and have a very understanding partner of 5 years who I am getting married too.

Just a little about me.. feel free to ask me anything or if you just want to talk :)

HalfJack
23-05-14, 14:34
Hello! :welcome:

GadGirl
23-05-14, 14:44
Thanks HalfJack :)

swgrl09
23-05-14, 15:09
Welcome! What is SVT, if you mind me asking?

GadGirl
23-05-14, 15:12
Hi Swgrl09 SVT is super ventricular Tachycardia its abnormalities regarding to fast heart rate.

swgrl09
23-05-14, 16:57
Oh, wow. Well no wonder you got anxious after that! Glad you aren't getting as many flair ups, but that definitely could cause anxiety.

GadGirl
23-05-14, 17:04
Hey, Defo i what caused my anxiety to start im afraid :(

SADnomore
23-05-14, 20:49
Hi, GadGirl! Welcome aboard. Lots of great helpful info and support. Love this forum! :yahoo: I'm sure you will too! Sounds like you have a lot of awareness and desire to move along. :yesyes:
Marie