PDA

View Full Version : Why do I keep getting headaches

I'mdave27
23-05-14, 15:22
Why do I keep getting headaches ? I go through at least a pack a month or so and sometimes they are so bad they make me feel sick.

---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

A pack of paracetamol that is

Rennie1989
23-05-14, 17:07
If they make you feel sick then the obvious solution is to not take paracetamol.

Other then that, I have no idea why you get headaches.

I'mdave27
23-05-14, 17:37
The headaches make me feel sick , not the pills

Mr.Jitters
23-05-14, 17:42
Just a guess, but tension? Headaches are a very common symptom of anxiety. If you're worried about them, you should of course discuss this with your doctor. But I find that a heat pad / neck massage can work wonders for mine!

nomorepanic
23-05-14, 18:14
probably dehydration

aprilmoon
23-05-14, 18:19
Have you had your eyes tested recently?
Eyestrain can give you headaches,you can also get a 'rebound' sort of headache if you take a lot of painkillers.
It might be migraines if it makes you feel sick,in which case,you will need a different sort of painkiller from your doctor.

NoPoet
23-05-14, 19:53
It's true that taking painkillers regularly (as in, the maximum dose every day for a long time) may lead to headaches, but there are other possible causes. If you only go through a pack of paracetamol a month, assuming there are 16-24 in the pack, that's not a lot.

* Eye strain: consider having your eyes tested. Do you wear glasses/contacts? If not, do you need them? Your eyesight changes over time (not necessarily for the worse) so glasses that worked for you 5 years ago might not any more.

* Tension: anxiety creates tension. Do you clench your jaws, or frown a lot, or grind your teeth?

* Medication: some anti anxiety medication causes headaches.

* Over-reliance on pain medication: consider not taking them at the first sign of a headache, but waiting to see if the headache actually develops.

* Headaches and especially migraines can cause nausea. Do you get shimmering lights or weird visual effects? That's likely to be a migraine.

Jenwales
23-05-14, 20:11
Anxiety can give you headaches, can you find some other way to relieve the tenson? Yoga can help with headaches, or anything that promotes relaxation. Check Youtube for videos, I've seen a few on there myself