PDA

View Full Version : Me & my panicky self

fduop
23-05-14, 16:31
Good morning, I'm fduop and I live in the Southeastern US. I've suffered from panic attacks and anxiety off and on since 1999. When I say off and on, I mean it was either treated successfully or not during this time. For a number of years, I was doing quite well, not even requiring medication. Then about a year ago, the panic and anxiety started up again. Now and for the past few years I have been out of work, which itself is a bad stresser.

The interesting thing to me about all this is, while suffering from it, I know all too well where it comes from and that I shouldn't let these things get to me. Still they do and it has crippled me from doing or pursuing goals that I have. But through all this there are rays of hope. I pushed, crawled, and fought to finish my degree program. And with the current medication I'm on and the therapy I'm so looking forward to really seeing daylight again. But for now the meds are taking a toll on my mind and body, but my doctor did warn me of that.

I would also like to say how grateful I am too nomorepanic and the others on this forum for letting me know I'm not alone in this fight. Your post have really helped me the last few weeks with this new medication. I hope that together we can all be successful in our journeys to overcome these problems.

Oosh
23-05-14, 21:59
Welcome to the site :]

MRS STRESS ED
23-05-14, 22:23
Hello and welcome to nmp xx

HalfJack
23-05-14, 22:58
Hey, good to have you aboard!

Mark13
24-05-14, 13:25
Hello and :welcome:to the forum.