PDA

View Full Version : Tingling in hands

Alice1
23-05-14, 18:52
Hi! I've been feeling a lot better recently, which is really good. I feel a lot less panicky and a lot more in control of symptoms, even when they do pop up, just observing them neuturally and seeing what happens.

But recently I have been having a bit of trouble with my hands (and feet) and was wondering if anyone can shed some light.

My hands are almost always cold, this has gone on for a few years, but a few days ago they started being really tingly (sometimes in localised places like on the top) and numb almost constantly, with stiffness and pain near the joints also appearing.
When I touch things hey sometimes tingle, or spasm.
They also turn purple (like alarmingly deep purple) very easily.
I get random muscle spasms in my upper chest and arms and tingling in my feet very easily too, especially when standing.

So I was just wondering, if anyone has any experience and would be able to answer one or a few of the following questions:
1. Do you think this sounds like a by product of being very anxious for a few months? Or is my body adjusting back to normal again? This has happened before a few months ago.
2. I'm only 18, but do you think this could be artritus or a nerve problem.
3. Do you think it could be a ciculation problem?

I don't really want to go to my doctor yet.
Many thanks!

Serenity1990
23-05-14, 19:15
Hi Alice. Be reassured that tingling and/or numbness in the hands is a very common anxiety issue, and is also common in the population in general due to the increasing use of computers/tablets creating RSI and related injuries. It really isn't anything to worry about, but my money would be on plain old anxiety.

The turning purple wouldn't be an anxiety thing to my knowledge. Though I'm not a doctor I believe this is quite a common circulatory thing, certainly I know a few people who get this and are perfectly fine. Maybe mention it to your GP for piece of mind. :)