PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm New to this

Carnation
23-05-14, 20:58
It took me ages to find a Forum to join and this one seemed the best. I was diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder 3 months ago, but I think I may have had it a lot longer, probably years??? I like to refer to it as my 'Breakdown', as that was how it felt to me. I thought I was going to Die and phoned my loved ones to tell them so. I hope I can be of some benefit to others with my experiences and progression, as well as making some new friends. I have experienced body and mind sensations similar to most of you and feeling at times where you have no control or understanding over either. I suffer with Anxiety Death, Anxiety Phobias, and General Anxieties and Panic Attacks that make you feel like Death. I am driving my Family and Friends round the Bend and have been to the Docs more times in the last 3 months than I have in my Life! But, I have improved, without meds, without Doctors help and without nay Hospital Tests. I still have all the symptoms and feelings, but I manage them. "Baby Steps'. Very important. It won't go away, 'just like that'. This is a build-up of many years and when I told everyone I had 'Anxiety Disorder' / 'A Breakdown', they were not surprised. And strangely enough the symptoms and anxieties or always worse when you are relaxing or doing nothing. I apologize, my message is so long, but I hope I can help others as well as myself.

aprilmoon
23-05-14, 21:25
Hi,and welcome :)

alltimelow
24-05-14, 16:24
hello, im new too :hugs:

aprilmoon
24-05-14, 16:31
Hi alltimelow,and welcome :)

Mark13
24-05-14, 17:47
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

aprilmoon
24-05-14, 18:07
Mark,do you still take mirtazapine?
Do you mind me asking what time of day do you take it?
Thanks

fduop
25-05-14, 00:28
I am very new to this forum myself, but in the few weeks I've read others posts and have started to post myself. This has been a Godsend for me. I have suffered with panic and anxiety disorder for some 13 years. I have good days and bad days, but treatment and now this forum are really helping. Sadly, I've only just started sharing my experiences with my immediate family (our adult children) for many, many years only my wife knew. Best to you Carnation.