PDA

View Full Version : A barrage of symptoms - maybe my worst panic attack

jared
23-05-14, 22:53
First it started this afternoon on the commute to work with a burning gut tummy ache and a little uneasiness. I had a Smirnoff ice drink a half hour before, ok fine I will take an antacid. Got to work and clocked in. 10 minutes later - Then came some social disorientation and speech disorientation. "Great", I thought... A stroke. Took a Xanax. Kept helpIng customers. burning gut went away. But as soon as one symptom disappear another one popped up. So now it was the disorientation and a stiff and painful neck up to my jaw line. Ok so maybe stroke, maybe heart attack. Started looking to see if I was possible to have one at age of 26. Read a story or two. Great.

Then it started to flood in. Chest pain, heaviness. Never felt this heaviness before. was super scary. Cold sweat. Neck and jaw gnawing. Left Arm felt weak. And then I got floods of customers - I work at a gas station by myself - so I can't get away I have to endure it. The more people came the worse it got and I'm sure everyone could see I was in the verge of losing it. I kept my sanity though and took another Xanax and tried to hold onto Jesus to say I'm coming home Lord. It got worse almost called 911 but ride it out and then both Xanax hit me and now I feel ok. It was triggered and made worse by social interactions. Thought it was for real this time. Forgot how real panic feels.

I haven't had a panic attack in a month or so. Why now? Got marital problems but they are slowly being resolved. Been eating like crap lately so that's on my conscience. What do you think? This was really a scary.

RoseEve
24-05-14, 02:42
I think it was 100% a panic attack. I have them sometimes for no reason. Even when sleeping. A few days ago I had one in a meeting when I saw a paper with a lot of data on it. I have no idea why. I get them sometimes when I'm teaching, no one knows. I think it's great that you worked through it. By the way alcohol can trigger attacks especially if you don't drink much.