PDA

View Full Version : scared to take new tablet

RVP
23-05-14, 23:47
I've been given ramipril 2.5mg to take, around 2 weeks ago.. but I haven't touched them because I've been too scared to take them!
I am currently on 10mg amlodopine for high bp but, i don't know what to do, i read the side effects and now i'm too scared to even take it.
and I normally take my BP medication this time at night, which kinda makes it even worse.

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:30 ----------

I know all tablets have side effects ect..
but what alarmed me is that most of the serious side effects such as heart attack ect is in the uncommon more than 1 out of 1000 people
that's not exactly rare if you ask me?
So you take 1000 people and give them ramipril, 1 or more of those people will have a heart attack?!

nomorepanic
24-05-14, 00:05
I take it with no problems at all

HalfJack
24-05-14, 01:18
1000 people doesn't sound like much but that is close to the total number of students in a secondary school.
If you can imagine all the people you went to school with in a full school assembly, and all the different lives they went on to lead, all the different places they went to and the different medical conditions they had its a very big mix of possibility.

Hope you feel better soon x

hanshan
24-05-14, 06:57
A lot of the time the drug companies have to report all adverse events in a set period time while taking the drug (usually a few weeks), regardless of causation.

In that case, rare events are unlikely to be directly caused by the drug, but still must be reported,