PDA

View Full Version : Even on a weekend my body wakes me up too early

GirlAfraid23
24-05-14, 10:09
Hello guys,
I haven't posted on here in a while.
I have been very busy working and as a result of this, I have been going to bed earlyish and waking up at 6.20am every morning.

However my issue comes at the weekend and in my holidays.
I can't sleep in longer than my "internal body clock" despite tending to go to bed later than I would do on a weekday.
So, I go to end at say 11pm on a weekday and wake up at 6am so that's around 7 hours sleep (not the best but enough!)
Then on a weekend/days off I go to bed around 12am and wake up at 7am so once again that's around 7 hours. However some nights are worse than others and I can get as little as 4 hours sleep.
The real problem seems to come when I go on a night out with friends and don't get in until 3am or such a time. My body wakes me up at 6.30-7am like usual still. So I literally only get around 3-4 hours sleep.
I cannot, for the life of me get back to sleep once I have woken up, no matter how hard I try.

Does anyone else have a similar problem?
It's becoming a real pain.

Annie0904
24-05-14, 10:21
Hi You posted about this same thing at the end of last year http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=146844
Unfortunately I guess like others said on that thread, your body just gets into a routine. I always wake about the same time every morning. If it is holiday time just get up and make the most of the day :)