PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Care this morning - kidney stones!

Trueman
24-05-14, 15:00
I haven't been on for a bit because I've been really quite unwell. Turns out that I am experiencing kidney stones. And perhaps my phantom appendicitis has been that all along...

Sent home with pain killers and told to wait for them to pass with follow up ultrasound couple of days. If pain gets any worse, go back in.

In the meantime, got treated wih buscopan intravenously and boy did I have a reaction to that. H/R sky high, palpatations, vision went blurry for an hr and could hardly keep my eyelids open. Was a tad scary. Still don't feel right. No buscopan for me ever again!

Just have to wait for these 'contractions' to go, and hopefully they will pass through soon. Ugh. Back to normality soon fingers crossed.

HoneyLove
24-05-14, 15:35
I feel for you Trueman, my father had kidney stones last year and I saw how difficult it can be for someone. He was also quite stressed about it, and he had a reaction to the painkillers they gave him intravenously, so I guess you two are similar!

He got through it though, and so will you. Just sending you lots of positive thoughts to help you do it! Focus on breathing exercises to help you relax, I know it will be hard to unwind when you're in a lot of pain so breath might be the way to go for you at the moment.

Catherine S
24-05-14, 15:36
Ouchy, painful. Well at least now you know what it is, even if its a bit scary its better than not knowing isn't it. Get well soon Trueman :flowers:

Annie0904
24-05-14, 16:22
What an awful start to the weekend for you :( At least you now know what it is though. Interesting what you said about the buscopan. I had an operation on Tuesday and when I was in the recovery room they started to give me morphine but then stopped the morphine and gave me buscapan. I have never felt so ill before after an operation. I have had the same op before and been up and about soon after but even today I am exhausted and my vision is funny. I was blaming the morphine but maybe it was the buscapan. :unsure:

lesleya
29-07-14, 20:30
hope your feeling better now...have they followed up with any treatment yet ?
I was diagnosed with kidney stones about 6 weeks ago.
Ive had 2 lithotripsy treatments in the last 3 weeks, where they try to break up the stones with shock waves (wont know for few weeks if its worked or not)
Anyone who suffers with kidney stones has my heartfelt sympathies - its the most painful thing ever.
Take care
x

Fishmanpa
29-07-14, 21:01
Ouch! No Kidding! They say that kidney stones for a man is akin to giving birth and if that's true then I had a baby once! It was so bad I laid curled up in a ball for close to 12 hours even with pain meds! I was a hair away from calling an ambulance as I couldn't drive. When that sucker passed, I think they heard me scream the next county over! I felt like I was hit by a bus for a couple days afterward.

Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

kimkitson77
29-07-14, 23:04
I had kidney stones two years a go so I was 25. Worst pain imaginable. Feel for you

swanick15
30-07-14, 02:08
Ouch! No Kidding! They say that kidney stones for a man is akin to giving birth and if that's true then I had a baby once! It was so bad I laid curled up in a ball for close to 12 hours even with pain meds! I was a hair away from calling an ambulance as I couldn't drive. When that sucker passed, I think they heard me scream the next county over! I felt like I was hit by a bus for a couple days afterward.

Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

I read somewhere awhile ago that it was proven to be more painful than being kicked in the testicles and that being kicked is more painful than childbirth so I cant even begin to imagine the pain.

Fishmanpa
30-07-14, 02:36
I read somewhere awhile ago that it was proven to be more painful than being kicked in the testicles and that being kicked is more painful than childbirth so I cant even begin to imagine the pain.

When my daughter was very young (5yo), she did a flying leap and her knee landed you know where. I fell on the floor in a pain unimaginable to most and ended up puking it was so bad. I actually was sore there for a week! My daughter, now 21, still remembers that! ~lol~ I would say that the kidney stones were comparable but worse as the pain lasted a good 12 hours before passing the stone.

Positive thoughts

Leslie735
30-07-14, 05:19
Prayers for you feeling better REAL soon!!!