PDA

View Full Version : Birthday butterflies

Eamon
24-05-14, 15:51
Hi,

My birthday today and don't feel great at all. Alone at moment but ex coming round to cook me dinner. An anxiety free evening as I don't have to go out to a restaurant. Have been invited to a close friends barbeque on Monday and am now worried about that, butterflies in stomach. Terrible really at my age. And have a training meeting to go to at work on Friday. There always seems to be a future worry lying ahead. Sister's 60th party in Brighton in September with family and friends and I'm already worried!!!

I am having Lazer eye surgery next Saturday and I am more worried about going really red and getting anxious than the surgery, mad really!!!!

Still nice to get it out here with others who understand.

Best wishes to all

'Nature plays it's trick on me' Morrissey

Annie0904
24-05-14, 16:12
I am just the same when anything is happening. It is mostly anticipatory anxiety and I am sure you will be fine when the event comes along. Enjoy your birthday thats an order :)

aprilmoon
24-05-14, 16:47
Happy Birthday Eamon,
I'm just the same with the anticipation thing,I'm reeaally trying to stop it with the fortune telling though,because how many things end up the way you think they will?
Good or bad? I know how hard it can be though,
Now follow Annie's order,and enjoy it :D
The day will be gone before you know it!

Eamon
24-05-14, 18:28
Thanks Annie and April,

Appreciate your kind words.
Yes things are never really as bad as you think they will be.
I wont give in anyways!

Best wishes

aprilmoon
24-05-14, 19:25
Eamon, I'm just smiling as I read your first post again,as you went through all the different events,in order of date,adding a little tailpiece on them about how much you were worrying, because that's EXACTLY what I do :D
Stack them all up,make a big anxious sandwich of them,with a dressing of pessimism.
What are we like? :roflmao:

Annie0904
24-05-14, 19:39
I do the same...already made my dreaded mental list for the week :roflmao:

aprilmoon
24-05-14, 19:44
Must get round to doing mine later,make sure I haven't forgotten anything... :D:D

Spot-the-frog
24-05-14, 19:51
Happy Birthday Eamon, glad you are having an anxiety free birthday!

I am the same as you as I have my mental list all prepared, in order of course, for me to worry about - what are we all like!

:birthday:

spuder
24-05-14, 20:42
Happy birthday xxxxx

Manny
24-05-14, 20:59
Eamon, I'm just smiling as I read your first post again,as you went through all the different events,in order of date,adding a little tailpiece on them about how much you were worrying, because that's EXACTLY what I do :D
Stack them all up,make a big anxious sandwich of them,with a dressing of pessimism.
What are we like? :roflmao:

"Stack them all up, make a big anxious sandwhich of them, with a dressing of pessimism." That's a great way to put it! Jussayin! I do that all the time.

Eamon
25-05-14, 12:19
Thank you all,

Yes what are we like? I have a day of worry now planned about this bbq tomorrow and when that's done I will then worry about the work training and then the eye surgery event and then and then.......
I need a break !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Best wishes,

Eamon
25-05-14, 17:59
Thanks to all

Life goes on I suppose....

I've noticed my mum seems a lot less shy as she has gotten older maybe you just stop caring at some point. Here's hoping !

Annie0904
25-05-14, 18:08
I try to take each day at a time...I get in to much of a panic if I think ahead :)

Spot-the-frog
25-05-14, 20:04
I have the upcoming events in my head and try not to panic too soon, I can manage til about the day before and then it all comes out! I am worrying at the moment about this upcoming weekend. We are going to scatter my Dad's ashes and then go out for a meal, I don't know which bit is making me the more anxious, I think it is the meal out! There always seems to be some 'thing' that I have to get through, is this what the rest of my life is going to be like, worrying and just 'getting through'. I just want to look forward to doing things without all the panic and anxiety and worry!