PDA

View Full Version : Is there any point in going on...

manwithnoname
24-05-14, 18:25
I have been plagued with feelings of anxiety, stress, anger, fear and depression since I was 18-19 years old, I am now 52 in June and quite simply I don't know what the point is of going on any more...

cookieb
24-05-14, 18:31
Omg hunny....please don't think that way....I know the feeling though so don't know what to say that'll help...not very good like that but just try and talk to some one xxx

manwithnoname
24-05-14, 18:33
I just don't want to go on any more, I need a break from this life of anxiety, etc

Annie0904
24-05-14, 18:37
I am assuming you are taking medication had therapy treatments etc?

manwithnoname
24-05-14, 18:39
Yes, done all that. My own personal view of therapists, GPs, etc is that they simply don't care - they are only interested in getting through their day

Annie0904
24-05-14, 18:39
I think you have said before that you have problems with things from the past. Have you ever had Intense Psychotherapy?

cookieb
24-05-14, 18:40
I just don't want to go on any more, I need a break from this life of anxiety, etc

I so know how you feel....walking out of the doctors yesterday if I hadn't got back in the car with my husband and kids I don't know what o would of done xxx

manwithnoname
24-05-14, 18:42
Yes, cookie, it is a very difficult thing to live with, I feel I must endure life as I cannot enjoy life.

I'm not sure what intense psychotherapy is. I just don't think anyone REALLY cares or is interested

cookieb
24-05-14, 18:46
What annoys me is when one tells you something and another something else xxx

Annie0904
24-05-14, 18:46
I had counselling, etc and it didn't help me too much but the Intense Psychotherapy worked much better for me. I am not sure what it is like where you live but the mental health care is very good in my area. Ask your doctor if he can refer you.

manwithnoname
24-05-14, 18:48
Thanks Annie, perhaps I will try that. Thanks for listening cookie.

I'm going offline now for a little while.

Annie0904
24-05-14, 18:56
Take care Stephen and please come on here to chat any time you are feeling really down. :hugs::hugs:

cookieb
24-05-14, 19:09
Anytime hun I'm sorry I couldn't be of any use....message me anytime you like....please....

Please try and have a nice night xxx

Rennie1989
24-05-14, 20:01
What annoys me is when one tells you something and another something else xxx

That's not necessarily a bad thing as therapists tend to follow different psychological theories of helping, so if one follows a humanistic approach they will say something different to somebody who follows a cognitive approach. Sometimes it's good to get help from different perspectives.

Manwithnoname - I understand that it is hard, I too started getting depression and anxiety as a teen and it does feel like it becomes your life. Are there things that you enjoy doing?

Carnation
24-05-14, 20:15
We have all felt like that at times on this Site. But PLEASE... don't give in, you still have many years to live. At some point in your Life you will feel better. Life is precious! I know its difficult, sorry, no its more than difficult, I know, but there will be good times and you are still so young. :)
Keep yourself busy, meet people, get out there, there are some lovely people in the World today. Don't give in!!!!:hugs:

Booboojenny
24-05-14, 20:22
Manwithnoname..just to say sorry your feeling down..sounds like good advice from Annie re intense psychotherapy I am going to look it up myself.
Are you on medication now or in the past?:hugs:

binashubby
25-05-14, 21:47
I often think like that, but I am still here. Got a hobby I like, and that keeps me distracted. However, I have noticed I am becoming more bi polar as time progresses ?
Don't give up.