PDA

View Full Version : increasing from 20mg to 40mg

rossthekid
24-05-14, 20:09
Hi everybody,
Looking for some advice. I was on Prozac 20 mg for 4.5 weeks with some minimal improvement, after the usually side effects. I felt a general strange warm feeling and felt a wee bit better. Nowhere near normal though. My feelings were still bad in the morning but and hour or so after taking the tablets I felt it beginning to lift a small amount.
I said this to the gp who advised increasing the dosage to 40 mgs. In hindsight I should have lest well alone and after getting advice from here noticed that it we as really early to move up.
Since starting on 40 mgs the side effects have returned, today not to bad but I am on day 12 of 40 mg. The advice I seek is from people who have had to increase the dosage. Since increasing I have really not felt quite as good. I generally don't get that same feeling of the medication lifting anything. I am quite dizzy and feel quite drugged and lethargic. I really just don't feel anything at the moment. When do you think things will start to work. In total I have been on Prozac now for 6 weeks or so but by me increasing the dose have I stopped the effect of the 20 mg. Sorry to sound so stupid just frustrated currently.

Booboojenny
24-05-14, 20:34
Sorry not my medication at the moment....:) although I was prescribed prozac 20mg 3 days a month by my GP 10 years ago for PMT and it really worked to calm me, I know she prescribed it to other ladies too.
Hope you get a better reply :) than this

rossthekid
25-05-14, 08:39
Well day 12-13 approx. and oh my god the side effects kicked in last night. The only way I can describe it is to compare to my childhood and on xmas eve I was so full of nervous excitement. This is what I am now feeling since last night. I couldn't sleep, I am wretching constantly, however in strange way my head has cleared a little and not so tired. I think it is the tablets causing this, either that or this is me and the tablets arent working at all. Keep going

rossthekid
27-05-14, 16:06
Well that's 14 days on 40 mg. My anxiety seems to be slowly getting better either that or the increase in anxiety due to the side effects has subsided. About an hour after taking the medicine I feel a general warmth, relaxed feeling. This follows in the afternoon but tiredness and headaches, just more side effects I hope. Just keep going.