PDA

View Full Version : Small lump in neck - Freaking out and extermely scared :(

PunkyFish
24-05-14, 22:45
:weep:

Hello

I'm not to sure where to post this but here we go. I'm in my early 20's and have anxiety so therefore I worry about the slightest thing. I'm sitting here writing this in floods of tears after having a tough week anyway. This afternoon I was in the shower washing my hair when I felt a small hard painless lump at the side of my neck just below my hairline. I have no other symptoms but did have the flu about four weeks ago. I can move the lump around. I think the lump may have developed overnight. I'm having panic attacks now thinking it could be something life threatening. I was also stupid enough to google it which has made me twice as worse. I'm also due to return to work on Tuesday which is bad enough anyway but now I'm also worrying about this. I'm going to get into see my GP straightaway. I'm very scared at the moment. :(:(

Deepthinker
24-05-14, 23:34
Hi, Punkyfish! I would like to ease your worry about the lump you found on your neck. Over the years, I and others I know have had many lumps come and go. Some are harmless cysts. Some have been pimples that never came to a head, but went away on their own. None of them have ever been anything serious. Cancer, for example, would not just pop up over night. Have it checked out if you need to for peace of mind, but try not to let it make you sick with worry. Keep us posted. Blessings!

Fishmanpa
25-05-14, 00:12
Deepthinker is 100% correct in that cancer doesn't pop up overnight. I know. I had it. Your body is just ridding itself of the flu virus and the node will go away on it's own accord. The fact that's movable further affirms what I'm saying.

Positive thoughts

PunkyFish
25-05-14, 00:20
Thanks for the replies :) It's probably my anxiety just making me think all sorts. I will make a GP appointment anyway just for peace of mind. :)

Andromeda
25-05-14, 13:24
The same thing happened to me and i made a gp appointment for peace of mind - turns out mine is a cyst - perfectly harmless and nothing to worry about!
It's highly more likely to be something benign and harmless than anything serious!