PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain

Archon
25-05-14, 07:19
Hello NMP.

I'm a 21-year-old, non-smoking, normal weight male with no medication or any diagnosed medical conditions. Resting heart rate in the lower 60s and blood pressure normal.

Last fall I started noticing a slight pain on the left side of my chest that would show up shortly after any prolonged physical activity. The pain can best be described as burning or numbing, similar to how my legs would feel after a very long walk or run. On a scale of 1-10 I'd say the pain is usually between 1 and 3.

My doctor noticed an irregular heartbeat sound during a medical check-up and ordered me to take blood-tests, EKG and an echocardiogram - all normal. The cardiologist performing the echo confirmed the sound but said that everything was in order. No structural or functional abnormalities whatsoever. The cardiologist then referred me to a pulmonologist who had some chest X-rays taken within 2 months apart from each other. He apparently noticed something possibly off during the first X-ray (I don't know what, but he suspected I may have something called sarcoidosis.) The second X-ray turned out normal, however and as a result I was never diagnosed with anything.

Since it started, the pain has migrated to my upper left back (no idea what to make out of this) and I've also noticed that I'm running out of breath faster than I used to. Honestly I'm at a complete loss and growing more and more anxious every day. But I'm ashamed to go see a doctor again because I feel they are not taking me seriously due to my age. Just what could be wrong with me?