PDA

View Full Version : CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN

mirry
10-12-06, 19:54
Hi, thought Id be nosey and ask....
Hows every coping with all the planning of christmas ?

Have you got everything ready ? or are you dreading how much you have to do ?

Well ,this weekend Ive managed to write out all my cards and post them.
We put up the tree and decs , it all looks very nice....but our puppy keeps biting the tree [Oops!]
Today , I made mince pies and sausage rolls.....all put in the freezer now. Have my turkey in the freezer, along with the stuffing.

Have all presents wrapped up ,
Have just cut kids hair so they will be smart on the day.

Also made a load of fudge, which i should post on the craft forum, will be looking for little sweet papers to wrap them in and hand on the tree.

mmmmmmmmm

mirryx

bearcrazy
10-12-06, 20:03
Sounds like you are looking forward to xmas mirry. I am too, I love it and am very lucky cos my hubby organises all the home side cos i work full time. It is a busy time for me because I am a teacher, but you cant beat working with kids at this time of year.
The fudge sounds delicious. Have a great Christmas,
TC xxxx

mirry
10-12-06, 20:07
Oh wow , I alway envy the teachers at this time of year, in my daughters school they get given loads of presents from all the pupils (how lovely) ....... enjoy your break :D

mirryx

clickaway
10-12-06, 20:09
I never get organised for Christmas, and my target for tomorrow is to go and buy a few more cards before the Charity shop closes at 4. Seems silly I know, but with all my insomnia of late that is not as easy as it sounds!

I love my Christmas Tree and its huge, but I have to get it out from the back of the attic and that is so daunting!!

There's only me, so if I don't have a tree its not the end of the world. I will just look at the Christmas Cards and think of those that know me.

Cheers,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

mirry
10-12-06, 20:16
Hi Ray, I know what you mean about it being daunting,

Also about the insomnia, Id never had that before in my life until recently, i didnt sleep for 5 weeks ......so I really understand how horrible it is for you.

You have just reminded me, ive been putting all my recieved cards in a draw, cos i was i was too busy to open them before now...thanks!

mirryx

honeybee3939
10-12-06, 21:00
Hi Mirry,

I Myself am quite organised this year, the tree went up last weekend, this weekend been writing the cards and wrapped a few presents. This Christmas is special for me and i am looking forward to it.
Because of my Agorophobia, its the first time in many years i have managed to go to stores and purchase presents, As matter of fact i have gone over my budget ! [:I]
So If anyone needs a hand with the washing up after christmas dinner im cheap !!:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

mirry
11-12-06, 07:27
lol, well done facing the xmas shopping, I went on 2 saturdays with my husband and had that horrible feeling, where I freeze with fear.
I tried not to spend too much this year but its difficult to cut back with kids,,, Today I am putting up all the xmas cards on strips of ribbon, vertically. I like the idea of using those little minature pegs to attatch them.

A house across the road puts on a good lights display, its takent hem a week to get them all up ,lol.

mirryx

domino
11-12-06, 08:00
Mirry your house sounds beautiful, decks and all i work nights so am abit behind this year do,nt fancy popping over to give a hand do you lol.:D

LickeyEndBlues
11-12-06, 09:14
I've just come downstairs to a list!!!! Get the lights and stuff down from the loft, put up all the outside lights, sort out the Christmas cards, print off the labels, do the blydi Christmas newsletter thingy, be jolly!!!!!! Fortunately it is absolutley throwing it down here so outside I can put off!!

Traditionally the house gets it's Christmas makeover on the 16th of December which is this coming Saturday.

Oh well never mind, the Easter Eggs wil be in the shops soon!!

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

mirry
11-12-06, 12:05
thanks Ian , youve just reminded me , Ive got a tesco delivery coming on the 16th with lots of goodies [:P]

have got the long life milk in (just incase) and today I got 2 xmas cards from people id forgotten [:I], so its off to the post box again [Sigh...]

mirryx

Sue K with 5
11-12-06, 12:16
oh well i am definately behind ! christmas tree is still in the shed, cards have been written but with 48 to post and no energy to post them they may still be sitting there on new years day. I am all done with pressies, thanks to Argos, Toys R Us Marks and Spencers Play. com and Amazon and I have ordered the food to be delivered on the 20th December. So I have done pretty well. Now all I need is some joy so if anyone has got any spare please let me know because I really need some.

Oh and Can someone come and wrap the pressies up cos I havent even started that yet !! I think I need a kick up the butt.

Andrea I will pay you £10 an hour to do the washing up lol

sue

scknight

999madmax
11-12-06, 12:28
Hi all,
Well Christmas... All over again!!
Yes its only 2 weeks to go now and i still havn`t started shopping. The Tree has just been put up and my Christmas CD is playing the festive tunes.. HeHe [:P]
Starting to look forward to it as i am having Christmas Dinner with other Clientas in my house and the staff are cooking it on the 21st. Then on Christmas day i am cooking Turkey with all the trimmings for myself and 3 others that will be here. The first time i will be doing Turkey, so trial and error. - But i9 believe i am a younger Jamie Oliver (But better!!) [^][:P][^]
Finally on the 27th i am going to my Mothers for a few days! Looking forward to it! [Yeah!]
time to be festival and be with family, well it will be nice but just thinking about it is kinda worring!!
Hope everyone else is gonna have a nice time?!!
I`m sure at some point i will be on here awaiting the Turkey to be cooked etc!
Someone say Washing Up? I love doing it, but we have a Dishwasher so i am becoming lazy!! TeHe
Fudge sounds raelly nice?!!!!

LOL
Madmax
-*-

mirry
12-12-06, 13:44
Instead of having sausage rolls, I will be making for myself pastry wraps with soya cheese and vegetables. Ive got to be careful and not put on more weight :(

Anyone got any low fat snack ideas ?

Going to clean the carpet this afternoon....
so it doesnt smell doggy for xmas [:I]

mirryx

brenda
12-12-06, 14:30
I'm not organised at all this year.
In fact I did a little bit of shopping yesterday and still have christmas cards to do.

I've been away the last couple of weeks and am just catching up on posts.

Also having new carpet laid today. Dont think that is a good idea just before christmas. I was waiting for that to be done before I put up any decorations so tomorrow will be putting up the tre hopefully
Anxiety wise not too bad. I've been doing a no panic telephone support group and it is really helping

Hugs
Pam

franfhm
12-12-06, 20:07
Did all my xmas shopping online :D

Moving in to my new flat this weekend so am quite anxious and excited at the moment so my stomach is on overdrive lol.

Hopefully put our decorations up early next week :)

scoobygirl2005
12-12-06, 20:09
I am not organised at all lol! I haven't finished cards, can't buy any christmas prezzies as have no money, am dreading christmas I think!

Scooby2005
x x

mazz
13-12-06, 09:15
Iam almost done apart from the dreaded last food shop which i hate ,i,d love to order on line but that takes me the best part of 3 days lol(slow typer).Iam cooking for 7 this year OH DEEP JOY .Thank god Baileys now comes in 3 flavours lol
Mazz x

mirry
13-12-06, 10:23
scooby, its not all about giving presents, so if you cant afford it, I am sure people would understand than getting yourself into debt.

I made little sweets to give as presents wrapped up in a little net to hang on the tree, cost me £2 and made presents for about 16 people ;)

Pam well done doing the NMP telephone course,:D

mirryx

mirry
13-12-06, 10:45
KIDS WILL LOVE THIS SITE;

Claus.com

My kids love it , they have been on it 3 years running now,
it tells them where santa is and how many hours away he is.
It also says if youve been naughty or nice, you can email santa and get a free reply by email, also lots to do and make.

mirryx

mirry
13-12-06, 11:41
ooooooo how embarrasing, a new neighbour of mine has just knocked my door with her little girl with her, they gave me a xmas card and whilst I was saying thank you, my little puppy named "lilly" was jumping up and down their legs, so I shouted No Lilly, stay!
I notised the little girl gave me a worried look but I just said goodbye.

Well I opened the card and the little girls name is Lilly (same as the dog)....and there I was shouting No Lilly, stay ...lol

mirryx