PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain - heart fear.

jayware33
25-05-14, 17:52
I thought I was over most of this anxiety :(

Usually can deal with symptoms however; within last hour i've had intermittent pains in the mid section of my chest, always seems to be in the same place. Also feels a little like it's in my shoulder. Pain is about a 3-4 out of 10 when it comes on.

Had previous ECG's from doctors and last was about a year ago and all normal.

Hands feel slightly clammy and keep having this "worst case scenario" thought going through my head like any minute I'm expecting the pain to get worse.

Trying not to go into a panic.

Anyone else had experience with this?

Thanks

Carnation
25-05-14, 17:59
Yes, I have. Quite Scary. Phone 111 several times over this. They run through a series of questions. Do you feel coldness on the chest area? Can you raise your arms over your head. Can you complete a full sentence of words. Do you have a high temperature or very cold on the temples. etc, etc. I had a burning sensation down my left arm as well and they dismissed that. I would phone 111 if you feel you have to, it would put your mind at ease. Each time I phoned them they said, go a watch TV, relax and keep your arms up high on a cushion or something. If it wears off, its Anxiety, if it gets worse, call them back. It never got worse and I haven't phoned them for weeks now. I know how you feel, I was in tears on the phone, you just don't know why this is happening. Good Luck!:hugs:

jayware33
25-05-14, 18:58
Thanks Carnation.

The pains have settled but keep thinking that it has to be a sign of some underlying condition :(