PDA

View Full Version : Hints/tips for taking your mind off HA

Hellly
25-05-14, 18:39
Hi everyone.

I am not having a good day HA wise (it's pancreatic cancer today). Has anyone got any tips on getting my mind off it?? I have tried my usual tricks like baking (badly) or taking a walk, but today is a real struggle.

Thanks

H

Xx

Carnation
25-05-14, 18:49
I normally phone someone I know for chat. The conversation normally takes your mind off of whatever your symptom leads you to believe you might have. If you are walking or doing a chore, that still leaves your mind to wander. Or you can chat to people on here. Your mind needs to be consumed with something you really have to concentrate on. TV is the worst thing you can do, reading is impossible; you end up reading the same line ten times over. The trouble with us Humans in this modern world, we have learnt to multi-task; two or three things at the same time. This does not help Anxiety sufferers. Hope this helps.:)

Hellly
25-05-14, 19:05
Thanks Carnation, it totally makes sense .......I find tv and the internet the worse at the moment (my guilty pleasure is the trashy stories on the daily mail website but every second article is about someone getting cancer). Talking to someone does help, however, I have only just sharing my HA with my husband and am convinced he thinks I am bonkers!

H

Xx

Carnation
25-05-14, 20:12
I know what you mean, I even have to laugh myself sometimes. In one day I might have Cancer, Brain Tumour, M.S., and something eating my Bones.
And its, the But what if? They might have missed something. This can't just be anxiety, its too strong, its too painful, its too severe. I generally don't feel well syndrome. Worry, Worry, Worry.......I even look different. Yes, we DO! STRESSED!!!!! This Site helps a lot, because there are others that feel the same we do, we are not going crazy after all. We are not alone.:hugs:

Serenity1990
25-05-14, 21:44
Video games are fantastic. I've had days of escape thanks to GTA5 and the like. It's something that anyone can get into very cheaply as well!

They're no cure though, but they can deliver whole days of bliss. :)