PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone taken Diazepam to help with breathlessness

missworry
25-05-14, 19:18
Hi everyone, i`m still struggling with the breathlessness sensation, i ended up in a&e and they ruled out heart problems or a PE. I thought after this i would be able to feel better but it`s just taking over as i`m sat here now i feel fine but it will just start again out of the blue and obviously i will focus on it, it`s like i can`t get a full breath in or enough air into my lungs i can`t belive this is anxiety and nothing anything sinister. Anyway my doctor has prescribed me diazepam to help calm me down but i have read the leaflet and i`m scared to take them they are only 2mg, can anyone help and make me feel better.

AlexandriaUK
25-05-14, 19:36
They are a good anti anxiety med and 2 mg is a low dose which is ideal for first time use,its the only med I would personally choose so don't be scared it will just help you chill and help your hyperventilation.
Its definately a majority symptom of anxiety.

jillyb
25-05-14, 19:36
2mg is a very small dose. I have some. I am on citalopram for my health anxiety but it's not working very well and, like you, I find myself obsessing and unable to believe that it's only anxiety (mine are stomach issues). The diazepam will just take the edge off the anxiety. I'd take one if you're struggling. My GP is happy for me to take them occasionally as we all know they can be addictive. I've had no problems with them and I am very pill phobic ...it took ages before I'd agree to the citalopram! Hope you feel better soon x

missworry
29-05-14, 22:30
Thanks for your replies still struggling & you guessed it i haven`t taken one, i wondered how long do the effects last if i take one about 7pm will i be groggy for work in the morning, i just need to take one and stop worrying as this breathlessness just won`t go away been like it weeks just can`t seem to get on top of it & feel very down about it all xxx

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

Hi well I took one and made no difference so now back worrying that something wrong because if it was anxiety the diazepam would have worked,any advice welcomed an really appreciated x