PDA

View Full Version : had a lot to drink last night and feel so anxious today help

gregcool
26-05-14, 12:03
Wish i never done it but last night i had a few drinks and didnt get in till 2pm and today feel so very anxious.feel hiper depressed.any reasuring words to help me get through day

Annie0904
26-05-14, 12:08
Oh dear anxiety sufferers really do have to pay for a night out :( The only thing I can say Greg (apart from don't do it again lol) is...you know the cause of todays anxiety so it will only be temporary. Eat healthy food today and drink plenty of water to flush the alcohol out. Do make sure you eat well today though even if you don't feel like it. :hugs::hugs:

gregcool
26-05-14, 12:11
Thanks annie.trying to motorvate myself to go out with my sister to watford but cant get my mind off very negative thoughts and all my worries.never felt quite as bad as this before.

Annie0904
26-05-14, 13:06
It is the drink and just keep telling yourself that. Going out in the fresh air will do you some good :hugs:

gregcool
26-05-14, 13:30
Would loved to have gone out but its poring down outside today so stuck indoors.im drinking lots of water.allready had 3 pints since iv been up.

MRS STRESS ED
26-05-14, 13:47
Aww greg im exactally the same hun thats why I very rarely have a drink and when I do its just one or two I simply cant cope with the feelings and thoughts I get the next day keep yourself hydrated love and lol watch some crap on telly take your mind else where hope you feel better soon xx

Andy699
26-05-14, 15:02
Yeah I agree with Mrs Stress Ed. I had loads to drink last night too and this morning when I woke up I honestly thought that I was going to have a panic attack. I always feel really anxious when I'm hungover but the next day I feel fine. Try and eat something light like soup or scrambled eggs :)

Annie0904
26-05-14, 15:57
I am getting quite jealous here because I woke up in a real panic this morning and have been anxious all day and I never drink alcohol! Maybe I should just have a big glass of whiskey tonight and go with the flow! :D

gregcool
26-05-14, 16:17
Yep thats it annie.go for it...i can norm drink and feel fine the next day.but last night i had just to many and am paying for it today

Annie0904
26-05-14, 16:32
:)

Lyn89
26-05-14, 19:28
I get this too-- especially if I go to bed still tipsy! i wake up feeling very anxious and panicky with my heart racing. It's not nice. The thing with alcohol is that it alters your brain chemistry, and we anxiety sufferers are very sensitive to any changes in that. Annie is completely right-- it is temporary. Even saying to yourself 'this isn't me, I just need to wait till the alcohol leaves my system' is enough to feel calmer sometimes. The more you worry, the longer it will hang about, so try to be positive and know it's just the alcohol still in your system. A good night's sleep, some good food and maybe a multivit or one of those hydrating mineral waters will sort you out. I've been there and always bounce back a day or two later :)

gregcool
26-05-14, 21:08
Thanks lyn.yep i agrea.im feeling a bit better now.it has been nealy 12 hrs of being awake and feeling crap.went to bed at 2am to so prob didnt get enough sleep and was very drunk when i went to bed.so woke up stil feeling drunk .no headache just high anxiety and felt very depressed.iv drunk about 4pints of water and a bottle of lucozade .so think its all helped.i have a lot on my plate at the moment in life so suffer so much anxiety anyway and drinking last night didnt help for today.everything seemed so much bigger today.