PDA

View Full Version : worried about my children :(

Worried 24/7
26-05-14, 15:44
So I have a constant fear that I've contacted an std and will spread it to my family, as many of you know... my family has been sick a TON this winter and then we all got sick a few weeks ago and got sick again right after! Now my kids were getting better and are getting worse again... my daughter has red eyes and green drainage from both eyes and woke up last night with pain in her face and a sore throat(scared of ocular herpes). Now this morning my son woke up with both eyes all crusty and green snot... I have what I think is thrush from being on antibiotics(scared of hiv) being treated for bv... So here are my questions:

1. ANY need to worry I contacted hiv from a closed mouth couple second kiss??
2. Is it rare for herpes blisters to show up all over different spots of body but not really see any in the usual places?
3. Should I be worried both my kids have ocular herpes???

I can't take the worry anymore...

jillyb
26-05-14, 16:53
You can't catch HIV from kissing! If you've all had lots of colds and coughs you are all probably a bit run down. Kids catch things all the time at school. Even the teachers catch things, my daughter is a teacher and is always getting ill! Forgetting the HIV, ask your doctor to check the kids over if you are worried. Isn't HA a b....nuisance! Hope you all feel better soon x

UKmamainUS
26-05-14, 22:31
1. No.

Sore throats are rampant right now. My kids and I have sore throats and runny eyes exactly how you describe and I know we do not have any of the diseases you listed.

Worried 24/7
26-05-14, 22:58
I took them to the doctor and my son has a double ear infection and my daughter has it in one ear plus I have thrush. And they both have contacted pink eye. They've never had ear infections before that an aware of and now suddenly they both do?? Plus my husband had one within the last couple months. I'm so scared I have given us all hiv and that why they are so susceptible to these infections. I just want to cry my eyes out! Everything I googled kept talking about hiv!

RoseEve
27-05-14, 00:36
My daughter gets discharge from her eyes with a cold too. It's common in children because their faces are small and everything is close together. She might need eye drops from the doctor. If you are that afraid of STDs get tested. If your daughter had ocular herpes she would be blind by now.

Worried 24/7
27-05-14, 02:39
I've been tested but not for herpes. And I'm convinced that even after all I've read that I'm that one case that has contacted hiv from closed mouth kissing because we have "all the symptoms". I almost broke down in tears earlier from being so convinced I've spread it to my whole family

---------- Post added at 06:39 ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 ----------

And I was tested for hiv with a mouth swab test at like three months after the last time I would have kissed my friend and it was negative but I'm scared it was wrong or I did it wrong because I had to wipe the stick up and down across my top gums myself

jillyb
27-05-14, 07:58
I know it's really difficult but you've just got to accept that you CANNOT get HIV from kissing!!! Until you can accept this it's going to be impossible for you to move on. I feel for you because I know how hard it is once you get that little doubt in your mind but it is an absolute fact, it's just not possible. In this country even surgeons can work that are HIV positive, that should show you. If an HIV surgeon can perform what really are the chances of getting HIV from kissing. If you look it up in the NHS website (our healthcare system) it categorically states that you cannot contract it by kissing. Please try and accept this for your own sake and for your family. I wish you well. X

RoseEve
27-05-14, 10:51
Imagine how many people would have HIV if you could get it from kissing?

Worried 24/7
27-05-14, 12:06
I know that you guys are right but it's hard when you start showing all the symptoms:/ I just worry that SOMETHING major has infected us that we are all getting sick so much.