PDA

View Full Version : toes moving & twitching on their own??

pepsi
26-05-14, 18:07
Hi for the last 6 months i have been suffering from twitches all over in random parts of my body ...a month prior to this i was experiencing aching within my upper arm only to wake up one morning to a dent / muscle loss . ...i have had twitches ever since and also one in my eye that made my eye shut on occasion momentarily....now i have my toes moving by themselves / twitching anytime in the day it can start and its getting me down...subcequently im struggling to fold washing hold shopping bags or my hairdryer without my arms aching ....im wondering if anyone else has had simalar symptoms ? Or toe twitching i just wish it would all go away !

Catherine S
26-05-14, 19:54
Hi Pepsi, I can relate to the muscle twitches, on top of everything else anxiety can throw at us I can get bad twitches in my eyes, lips and toes and sometimes get really bad cramp in my feet when my toes sort of lock...very painful. I've been taking a magnesium supplement as its meant to be very good for cramps and muscle twitches...might be worth a try. I've only been taking it for 4 days but feel that my energy levels are increasing a little.

ISB x

pepsi
26-05-14, 20:25
Thanku i have been taking magnisium too for about 3 months. ..when i remember x they subsided the twitches i think...:)

robin321
26-05-14, 20:37
I get this also
I have other areas too. My calves twitch all the time. I cannot really feel it, but if I look, I see it.
And other areas sometimes

I think it is called benign facilitation syndrome. Totally harmless, and I have had it for 9 years.

pepsi
26-05-14, 21:09
Did you have this diagnosed ...im concerned about the dent and muscle aching also...

RoseEve
26-05-14, 21:15
Pepsi my foot was vibrating like a cell phone ringing. I almost answered it hahaha. My thumb and index finger have twitched so much they moved on their own. Muscle aches are part of BFS.

pepsi
26-05-14, 22:34
Hi....my toes moving is the worst place to feel these twitches ....the dent and acing bothers me...i get all anxious that its something sinister lerking....i have experienced some buzzing but more twitching .

Serenity1990
26-05-14, 22:42
This is a very very common anxiety symptom, you're absolutely fine. :)

I think it is called benign facilitation syndrome. Totally harmless, and I have had it for 9 years.

The thing with BFS is it always seems to exist alongside anxiety. If you go on the BFS forum it's just like on here: thousands of people panicking they've got something horrid. And strangely their symptoms tend to magically get better when they accept it as benign, deal with their anxiety and stop panicking.

However perhaps some people take comfort from being diagnosed with a real and benign "disease" that isn't called anxiety. Perhaps this allows them to get on with their lives and let it subside all by itself. But in my opinion, BFS is just a fancy way of saying physical manifestations of anxiety.

pepsi
28-05-14, 11:35
I am stearing clear of the drs because it fuels my anxiety ....i have been to the drs before about other stuff it snowballs and turns out everything is fine ....

Yossino
28-05-14, 12:46
Hey its my old first symptom! I thought I had made cow and was panicking afraid to go to sleep. This was about 12 years ago or so. Even today I can watch my big toe do a little circle on its own or my thumb twitch or really anywhere.

pepsi
28-05-14, 19:00
DId you experience aching joints like arms or leg pain?.....i do have an uneplained dent in the top of my arm after a month or so of aching......did u visit your doctor or just learn to live with these random twitches ?

Trueman
28-05-14, 19:57
I disagree just a little with the whole anxiety related BFS theory. Yes anxiety heightens my twitches but my twitches and I prefer to call it PNH started after some medication I received once. Never had a problem until then and I've had anxiety for years.

Also the other day when I reacted to buscopan it set off my twitching really bad again and I have noticed it go into overdrive since then. So although anxiety plays a role I definitely think in my case certain medications affect it.

pepsi
28-05-14, 21:51
Did u go to the drs ...or have muscle loss or aching arms too?