PDA

View Full Version : Food, pain, diahorroea, panic attack, catastrophising thoughts

dally
26-05-14, 22:09
Hi
I've has bis diarrhea for 20 years.
Tried everything, and only Imodium works.
There doesn't seem to be any pattern.
Days when I'm soooo stressed.....and don't have ibs
Days when I feel good, then wham, cramps pain then diarrhoea !!
Wish I knew why?

But

Worst thing is the way I dissolve into a weeping irrational mess.
I can't think straight and the impending doom in my thoughts are terrifying!
My thoughts are so neg. and the thought of going through the rest of my life with this condition horrifies me.

The doc gave me Valium. And I do take it when I have to go somewhere if it's stressful or I'm feeling anxious,
But
When I'm in full blown panic, I struggle to take the Valium. Last night I struggled and panicked (diarrhoea , vomiting, full body shakes, sweating crying..from
10pm till around 5am. My thoughts are that if I take the Valium and it helps this major attack, them I,ll take Valium every time I panic and become addicted!
And that would be horrendous,
So I just went through HELL for Seven hours!!
And I know without doubt if I had taken a one off 6mg Valium I would've been relaxed within an hour.!.

Catherine S
26-05-14, 22:26
The thing with anxiety and panic is that there are so many different symptoms. For me the main symptom is skipped heartbeats and claustrophobia which ive had all my adult life..I'm now 60...but for others the main symptom is headaches or digestive problems such as acid reflux. It sounds like for you its a sensitive bowel. Tranquilizers can be addictive if taken over a long period so I agree that these can make you nervous about taking them every day, but you do need to sleep so have you ever tried natural remedies such as Kalms or something called Quiet Night? Might be worth a try.

dally
28-05-14, 19:48
Hi thanks, I still believe

I have many times wanted to try herbals as a means of relaxing, but I hate taking ANY meds, and have huge worries about side effects. Infact I think I worry myself into having imagined side effects. And in the end usually only take one or two before stopping!
The ibs , diarrhoea, stops me from going out for meals, and when I'm having a bout if ibs, can stop me doing anything fir a whole day. Next day my whole abdomen is sore and feels bruised and takes about three days to ease off.

I do agree with you that with panic, we all have different body symptoms and sensitive gut seems to be mine:shrug: