PDA

View Full Version : Night-time fear/subconscious phobia

ItShouldGetBetter
27-05-14, 01:23
Hi there,

First worry of the night was having to make a new account as I'd forgotten my name/password of my usual account :( Not much on there though so not too much missing.

Problem I am having tonight is a recurring problem I had when I was around 6 (12 years ago). I used to tell my mum i 'didn't feel well' when it was bedtime, but could never explain what was wrong. I have found recently that when I start to get toward bedtime (I try and keep a 10:30 bed time) I start to feel a strange nausea-type feeling in my stomach. It keeps me awake until late. It's 1:21 am now and I am knackered. I was up until 4 last night and 3 the night before.

I was prescribed Omeprazole for stomach lining inflammation, which I've stopped taking because the night time nausea started around the same time I started taking Omeprazole. However, I also have a strange mint addiction.

I eat up to 3 packs of Trebor strong mints (on a bad day) and on average half to one and a half packs a day. I know it is SO bad for me, but I can't stop. I am trying very hard though. Could this possibly be the cause of my night-time nausea? I seem to be fine during the day.

I suffer from Health Anxiety and SEVERE Emetphobia, so this is really a big issue for me.

Any help or experience greatly appreciated,
Joe