PDA

View Full Version : Tongue Symptomps - Any Ideas Plesse ?

Zjc
27-05-14, 12:52
Hello

I am wondering if I can ask you guys for some advice.

About 4 weeks ago my tongue suddenly started to feel as though there was a hair stuck on it towards the back. At the time I had been using Corsoydl mouth wash so I thought it was this.

However the problem persisted for a week so I went to the doctors. They had a look in my mouth and said it was oral thrush and gave me Nystatin to take. The one where you drop a pippet on and hold it. The problem with this for me was all the "white coating" was so far back on my tongue I could never get the liquid to sit there.

I used all the mixture and didn't really feel any different the sensation of the hair was still there.

The white coating on the tongue doesn't come off easily when scraped and when I do manage to get it off there isn't any soreness under where the white was nor is there any bleeding.

I went back to the doctors a second time where they gave me a weeks course of fluconazole 50mg.

I took all the tables but didn't really see any improvements in my symptoms. The white coating maybe decreased slightly but im sure Ive always had a small amount of white coating on my tongue and its never bothered me before.

I went back to the doctors again and the doctor looked in my mouth and said there was nothing at all he could see that could be causing the symptoms and suggested that it could be anxiety related.

I don't feel this is right as if I lift my tongue to the roof of my roof the surface of the tongue feels bumpy and not smooth and I am still having the same symptoms as before with the sensation of a hair at the back of my tongue.

I keep trying to remove the white coating but its very stubborn and doesn't seem to want to come off at all and when I do get it off the tongue isn't red or sore underneath.

I am wondering if anyone can shed any light on this situation? I hate going back to the doctors when they put it down to anxiety as I worry that they feel im wasting there time. Is this something I could see a dentist about?

I have included a picture of my tongue as taken today. My symptoms are the same today almost a feeling of a hair on the back of the tongue and when I put the back of the tongue on the roof of my mouth it feels rough and bumpy.

Any help or insight anyone can give would be great, I hoping to get into the dentist next week but its currently closed for the weekend.

Look forward to your responses guys

s21.postimg.org/mgv6p90o7/photo_1.jpg

s24.postimg.org/wnb4ultxh/photo_3.jpg
S10.postimg.org/nusqxdjzd/photo_2.jpg