PDA

View Full Version : Severe Dizzy-ness

Greeny79
27-05-14, 13:52
Hi guys

For months now I have been having real problems with dizzy/light headed feelings where I feel as though I am going to pass out or lose my balance (a bit like if you were really drunk or just come off a roundabout or span round and round etc)
I've had this on and off for about 5 years where I can have months without then months on, this all started about a year after I started with anxiety/panic attacks but feels more physical, I'm pretty sure its not anxiety causing them but they are causing me to be anxious so its a vicious circle

I am also having general feelings of passing out as though I am really hungry/ need food even when its not that long since my last meal and for example a decent cereal breakfast will sustain me for about 1/2 hours max when it would probably be twice as much before, in fact I could go hours without having any food from getting up and be fine in the past

Been to docs and not much help other than finding I was Vitamin D deficient

Anyone else had similar problems, its really making life unlivable at the moment as I can't do anything such as go for walks which keep me sane due to the severe dizzy attacks

thanks

Sam100322
27-05-14, 14:12
I also experience this it's probably the worst symptom ever if I didn't have the dizziness I'd be feeling great! The dizziness lightheadedness is sometimes so bad that I feel as if I'm going to pass out.

Jen1989
27-05-14, 16:02
Yes!! This is my worst symptom... I've had it on and off for around 4 years but the last year it's been constant. It's horrible as it stops you from doing so much. I'm waiting on mri results coming back and if they're clear my docs putting me on meds for vertigo migraines (apparently u can get this without the pounding headache and just the dizziness)

Carnation
27-05-14, 18:59
Yes, I suffer with this, Sometimes a few hours, or days or even weeks. Then it just goes as quick as it arrives. I found a tip that helps me quite a lot, is when you are out walking, try to focus on what's around you, paying great attention to detail; like a tree, a House, a shop window, a car.

Greeny79
28-05-14, 13:10
Its driving me nuts I can't do anything at moment hardly, walking is horrible as I feel so off balance and my head feels its full of foam/cotton wool or something, weirdly when On my push bike I feel fairly normal, walking is however just weird and sometimes I get these weird head rush sensations just looking at the laptop

I've dealt with anxiety for 6 years almost but this is driving me insane

fedup36
28-05-14, 16:45
Blimey you sound just like me..

What do your head rush things feel like?
Ive posted something on the health anxiety page if you want a look or look at my pasts posts - my dizziness is my most severe symptom and one that panics me the most..

MRS STRESS ED
28-05-14, 17:00
Can I join the dizzy club me too for two years on and off its just awful hugs to you all xx
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Carnation
30-05-14, 20:22
Hi Greeny79,

Wanted to relate to your feelings of 'Hunger Panic/Anxiety'. Like you, I was never bothered about periods of eating, would sometimes go long periods from eating and would eat any hour of the day/night. Now, I have a strict regime of eating regularly; (Breakfast for the first time in my Life!), and my Stomach screams at me if I go longer than 4 hours of eating and like you could eat half an hour after I have just had breakfast. The stomach gurgles, aches, feels uncomfortable and gives me a panic attack, like I must have food NOW! Then after I have eaten, Burping, Belching, Pains, bloated feeling, you name it, it does it. I don't understand this at all, and I seem to burn up my food really quickly. Need to eat twice as much as before to keep the weight on. And although I may get hungry, I look at the food and think 'Oh God, I goin to eat this and its not goin to agree with me'. Never lay down after eating, it makes it worse. I would love to know what causes this?:scared15::scared15: