PDA

View Full Version : Bad case of breathing anxiety

Shivmarie
27-05-14, 18:32
I've been so stressed out lately, my partner walked out on me when I was away for the night, I got home (left me locked out had to wait for a locksmith) and he had took everything and gone, leaving me with a house to run and 850 per month outgoings, minus shopping etc! Also started a new job at the same time which I hate, I've not been sleeping and the past few nights I've been drifting off and then waking up gasping for breath (the feeling off)

Just now though, I've randomly sat here and it feels like I can't breath, I'm ok I'm not actually gasping but it feels strange in my chest like a tightness even though I'm clearly breathing it feels like I'm not, now I'm sweating and so on, constantly gulping and that and exsessive yawning. So out of the blue. I've not been into work since last Momday I've just been holed up at home not facing the outside, despite the fact I need to earn to stay in my house. I had a chest X-ray in March which was fine, my second In a year in fact, I'm so so tired despite the fact I didn't get out of bed until almost lunchtime, sat in pjs with the blinds closed.

Eugh.

jennsy
27-05-14, 18:44
So sorry to hear your story. Yes, breathing anxiety can take over if you keep thinking about it. Often I find that nights are the most challenging. Deep breathing exercises help me, or guided meditations - there are lots available on the internet.

Take Care,
j

Shivmarie
27-05-14, 18:46
Thanks Jen.

Trying to look up so,e things, and TRY focus on other things to keep me from thinking about it but it's not proving successful, thank you for your response.

X

Jen1989
27-05-14, 19:48
I get this too..... It's horrible as it makes me panic and think that I'm going to stop breathing or pass out (but never do) I can only get relief from this by lying down for a bit or if I can distract myself it goes away but the second i start thinking about it it starts again xXx

Shivmarie
27-05-14, 22:38
Yeah same problem as me. Just got into bed now and I'm off again. Gosh I hate this xx