PDA

View Full Version : New throat symptoms! Ectopic related?

Stu M
11-12-06, 11:55
Hi everyone,

I know some people have posted throat problems before, but this is very new for me. Have suffered ectopics for a while now, but recently ive developed a new symptom that Im not coping too well with :(

I get some weird feelings in my throat!!!

I get a fluttering feeling just behing my windpipe its like a palp, but very light and very high up in my throat. Also I can get the feeling of a bubble lodged behind my windpipe, then it tickles and makes me cough (sometimes dry, sometimes with a bit of phlem).

I think its part of my anxiety as I then feel tense araound my throat, and get very panicky, its bringing me down to a level I hoped I wouldnt get to again.

This weekend was very bad and I went into deep panic and 'why me' mode, and broke down a few times, and got very angry with myself. Was a mess :([:I]

Does anyone else get this feeling in the throat? As if the ectopics wer'nt bad enough.

Also as a side note, does anyone get angry and frustrated as well as scared in full panic mode? I tend to get realy angry with myself, as I cant control my feelings, which obviously makes my anxiety 10 times worse, lol [:I]

Stu

cazza
11-12-06, 12:19
Hi Stu
I am sure there was something about this on the other site i gave you.
Its all to do with the vagus nerve when your stressed it acts up even more and i know alot of people who say it feels like a palp in there throat which makes them want to cough also some on that site says it feels like a tickle. Its just a vicious circle which you know! The more you worry the worse it gets. I know what you mean about being angry to i get like that and scream and shout why me then usually break down in tears. I think it will be excellent to get your bupa thing done you were talking about it will give you peace of mind. I would really love to if icould afford it. My horrrible palps have made me leave my job! i am trying to get my confidence back
Please try not to worry carol

lass
11-12-06, 12:48
Yes, I get these also. Kind of like a pulse beating in my throat, as well as the palpitations/ectopics in the chest. I've had ECG which picked it up, but have been assured it is fine. When it's really bad, I feel like something might burst in my throat! Obviously hasn't though!!! I've learnt to get used to mine, although it's not nice, it doesn't worry me as much as some of my other symptoms.

Yes, I too get angry and frustrated. I have so much will power to get me through this, I'm so determined, but it's not enough.

juicyluce
11-12-06, 13:22
Hiya,

i get these alot - makes me cough alot and then i worry cos i cant seem to shift the cough!

vicious circle!

Juicyluce

Stu M
11-12-06, 15:19
Thanks guys,

Feel a bit better now, although symtoms are still there! Coughing for England at the moment. Feels like a bubble stuck in my throat that I cant clear, doh!

Thanks Carol, forgot about that other source, have gone and re-read it. And it makes sense again, I will have to bookmark it to read when I feel bad. Im realy sorry you had to leave your job, If it helps Ive been there before, had to leave work as I couldn't cope, and after a year I am able to work again, still struggling with anxiety though, but at least not as bad as I was :D

Yes Im going for a BUPA full health check with heart tests etc in the New Year, had to save up, but if it helps prove to myself that nothings wrong, it will be worth every penny :)

Stu

juicyluce
11-12-06, 16:16
Please could you let me know what the link to the other article was? think it would help me too!

thanks

Stu M
11-12-06, 17:59
Hi Juicyluce,

Of course,

www.resonancedirect.com

Goto to the forums, Heart Palpitation section and read 'heart palpitations part 1 to part 6'. You have flick through to page 3+ to find them but well worth a read.

Thanks to Carol (cazza) for pointing me towards this info a couple of weeks back, its has helped a lot. The posts were written by an American doctor, and do make some sense [^]

Hope it helps

Stu

**whenwillthisend**
11-12-06, 21:08
gosh-i get this too, i didnt think it was anxiety or ectopic related..i just wondered what the heck it was....how annoying is it though? and the worst thing is coughing doesnt shift it-last time i had this i had to ignore it otherwise i would have had a panic , because i didnt know what it was-now i know im not the only one,and can add it to my xtra long list of symptoms!!
take carex

Stu M
12-12-06, 11:52
I was unsure about the link until Cazza pointed me back to that other website.

But one thing I WAS sure of was it wasnt a normal cough as i seemed to appear after moments of panic, and had a fluttering feeling in my throat, followed by athe feeling of a bubble stuck in my throat, which is probably part of the ectopic thing, and then the tickly cough comes in, which takes hours to get rid of.

But as you say, one more thing to add to my list of symtoms, lol.

Stu

kittykat
12-12-06, 12:12
Hi Stew ,
I hate to tell you but i get this feeling in my throat as well , had it for at least 2 mths now and it does get me down. Its also like a fluttering and very high up but i can eat and drink fine. Been to the doctor and he had a good feel and wasn't overly concerned put it down to my anxiety ( wish i could , still dont believe him), probably as i had had an endoscopy about 6mth prior which came back normal.
Yo'll also find tht you throat clear a lot as well , i get the feeling of phlegm being there as well. If it really worries u go to your doctor, as it will put your mind at rest. Hope tht helps a little and tc xx

Stu M
12-12-06, 13:54
Thanks KittyKat,

I feel a bit better than I did at the weekend, now I see its just anxiety based :D

I may run it by my GP next time im there, but Im sure he will give me the same answer you had, so im good for now.

And yes I keep having to clear my throat, its anoying more than anything now. I feel extremely embarassed that I lost the plot so much at the weekend [:I]

Still we keep trying.

Stu