PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick thank you I guess

Alice1
28-05-14, 01:51
Hi, I'm not 'better' as such, but then I guess no-one ever will be, much in the way that no-one's ever 'sick' in the same sense. But (musings aside) recently I've been able to function normally and happily for much of the day, and a large part of that is due to this website and the people on it who have offered advice.

I still have problems, and I still have moments where I go 'oh my god what is happening I'm dying' but now I just sit and observe and wait and take comfort that if something were to happen I a) would have help or b) wouldn't know. I don't panic (well...much haha) and I find it never results in anything anyway so it really isn't a sign of anything deadly serious. Even if it was I feel I am much better equipped to cope now too.

I even still have a blood test result that I need to make an appointment for and I've been too busy to even remember. It's at the back of my mind and it feels suprisingly great to not care.
If I get an odd feeling, or like I'm going to faint, or pain or anything I just wait it out and I've felt such a drastic change in the past few weeks that I didn't even know was possible. It's crazy what stress and panic can do to you.

So thank you so much. I hope not to visit this forum in a panic any time soon, asking people to reassure my fears, but so many hugs to those who did help when that was the case.

There is, indeed, no more panic. ;)

All the best. I hope you live long and happy happy happy lives. (You will. I know you will.)
Love, Ali x

SADnomore
28-05-14, 02:51
Wow, this is lovely to read, Ali! Thank you for offering hope and strategies that have helped you, and are bound to help others. They work, you are living proof!
:hugs:
Marie

bimmer18
28-05-14, 02:55
What great news, Alice! Congratulations on your taking a turn for the better. It's great to hear the positive stories too. Keep up the great work and continued healing!!

HoneyLove
28-05-14, 09:47
Wishing you well Alice, come back to us if you need support dealing with the anxiety, but it sounds like you're well on your way!! xxx