PDA

View Full Version : What are your physical stress/anxiety symptoms?

Bear&bug
28-05-14, 13:55
I had severe health anxiety for a few months recently. I was convinced I had breast cancer at 22- breast exam showed all was fine. I then became obsessed with lymphoma & checking my underarms. Numerous lumps all turned out to be harmless. It then switched to leukaemia! I was suffering my first fibromyalgia flare up (brought on by anxiety I think) & convinced it was bone pain due to cancer. I also had a bruise on my arm :blush: yep I know.

Anyway, full blood count & other blood tests all came back normal. A lump I was terrified of in my underarm couldn't even be felt by the Dr. So I decided "right, I have to stop this now." And I have actually been making progress. No obsessive checking for lumps whatsoever (completely forbidden myself to prod & poke). No scary googling. Things are looking up & for the first time in months I don't permanently believe I'm dying & about to leave my kids without a mum. A couple of tiny moles on my arm are slightly raised (I stupidly shaved my arms recently so probably to do with that!) & I'm being quite rational about it. I'm pleased with myself :)

But the remaining anxiety symptoms are sh*t! Lump in throat, tightness in throat, weird throat spasms/flutters, tickly cough, major breathlessness & dizziness. I'm pregnant & feel rubbish anyway. Though I do believe my symptoms are anxiety related NOT cancer related, they're still draining me.

What are your common ones?

LunaLiuna
28-05-14, 14:01
Head, shoulder and neck pains/aches/tension.
Gut problems, nausea.
Fatigue
Memory/cognitive problems.

Those are my common ones :) although I'm pretty sure there are many more.

Angelika
28-05-14, 14:13
adrenaline, whooshes of panic through my body, unable to get my thoughts off the anxiety and feeling tense and scared. Health worries exaggerated, tired, queasy and off food - you name it. I know all the sensible approaches, the Face, Accept, Float, Let time pass.... but each morning I get it all rush back for ANOTHER day. Then that worry of 'no way out, doomed with this...' etc. takes over.

There. Heck, what a list.

ankietyjoe
28-05-14, 14:31
You name it.

tracieann
28-05-14, 18:54
Gut problems nausea thoughts racing feeling of doom sometimes needing loo just basically feel crappy

Trueman
28-05-14, 20:10
Nausea. Heart racing. Panic attacks. Bowel issues. And indiscriminate diseases or cancer fears. Constant heart rate checking. Over analysis of any new mark on skin. Even midgie bites. Oh and disorientation/balance issues.

JohnDouglas
29-05-14, 04:07
My symptoms Memory Loss(Too a very small extent but brought up by anxiety), Dizziness, Speech Problems, Neck and head tension and tension headaches, Feels like I am in a elevator, Hands feel as if there are not there(Weird one.) these are normal only recurring for a certain amount of time before the next one. Sometimes its Dizziness with the elevator feeling sometimes its just the elevator feeling sometimes just headaces sometimes nothing freedom sometimes the speech problem and yeah a whole lot of fun and fake smiles. Mostly in weekly spells for the last six months. Not getting worse or better. unless your talking about the anxiety. but yeah you guys with HA know exactly what I am Obsessing on.

cjw
29-05-14, 12:23
Dizzy, nausea, chest pains, headaches, blurred vision...... All the good stuff :D