PDA

View Full Version : Bit stuck..

xrachykinsx
28-05-14, 20:52
Hey, I'm having a bit of a battle at the moment. My generalised anxiety is mostly under control now and generally feeling more positive about my life and future but I feel like my medication is quite numbing and I never feel particularly 'happy' and my sex drive has literally vanished. It's becoming quite a strain on my marriage and I'm finding that the feeling of no desire to be affectionate at all is making me feel so low, because I'm so aware of it and my husband has commented on it recently in the last couple of months.

I feel quite underpressure to be all 'bubbly' and 'happy' around him because of this, and i'm finding that I hate being at home because I know I don't feel like it but I know he does and it makes me feel really upset. I've just started a new job, literally in my 3rd week so still in training. I kind of know I want to come off my medication to see how I go, but equally can't afford any time of work if it was to backfire and I was poorly again. Feel quite trapped.

Oosh
28-05-14, 22:20
Can't you taper off super, super, SUPER gradually ?

What are your pills like ? Could you take tiny fractions off over a period of many weeks.

If you can, experiment with it. SUPER SLOW. if you feel ok continue. If you feel dodgy stay at the taper you're on and see if it's a temporary drop due to hormones and things. If it passes after few weeks, continue the super gradual taper.

You've not been on them a huge amount of time have you ?

xrachykinsx
28-05-14, 22:26
Well I have...but not a long time on my current dose. I've been on them about 6months now and at the highest possible dose for about 2 and a half months. I feel generally not so consumed by the anxiety anymore. I don't feel crowded with worry but the low mood and no libido and lack of desire for affection is making me feel bad now.

I feel like I won't go under, but I can't be happy either...like I'm stuck in between and then the increased pressure from my hubby is making me feel worse too because I genuinely can't help the way I am at the moment and he's accusing me of not loving him anymore etc, even when I have explained and appologised so much to reassure him it's 100% me and not him. I'd like to taper, but really unsure if I should just plod on for another month or so until I'm settled more into job but I feel so uncomfortable about the strain on my marriage at the mo xx

Oosh
28-05-14, 22:36
I know, I read your post on being upset last week. I hope things are better at home this week.

Well I was on Prozac for four years. It was quite uncomfortable coming off but I think I did it quite quick.

But it's not all bad. I started to realise how little I'd been able to feel and actually welcomed the return of it because I could enjoy stuff/people again, so don't be too fearful of it.
You might welcome feeling yourself again.

SUUUUUUUUPER SLOWLY and I bet you it'll be easy.

xrachykinsx
28-05-14, 22:42
Yeah, Sometimes I've doubted that my medication has really even done anything other than blunt my happy emotions. So I often think about coming off and being completley me again. I've always had a bit of an issue with the idea of being on them in the first place (I don't think badly of others on them) but I just felt uneasy and uncomfortable for needing them in the first place- however...I understand I did perhaps need them and I shouldn't of felt like that about them but hey ho....it's the way I felt.

I think I may book a doctors appointment to discuss how I should taper in a month or so. Things at home are okay in that my hubby realised he was unfair to me and appologised and promised me he will be there for me but it's still feels like a lot pressure just because I'm so aware of the issue at the moment. Even before my hubby said anything....I felt like it, because it just felt like 'an elephant in the room'...I knew what he was thinking..and I knew I've been pretty miserable lately xx

Oosh
28-05-14, 22:48
Yeh do that.

I'm glad you're getting along again. It'll all sort itself out. Your on the home stretch now.