PDA

View Full Version : WHAT A FRIGHT.

Laurie28
05-08-04, 12:27
Hiya,

Last night i got an awful fright...

Sitting watching tv I heard a beeping noise, the people downstairs fire alarm gong off. I ran into my varanda and smoke was billowing from there house.. well i grabbed baby from his cot and ordered the big one to get dressed (he was in the midst of changing for bed) and ran from the house. When I got downstairs my neighbours had it under control and had extingushed the flames but fire brigade were on their way.

i went back indoors when worst was over.

They had been in the living area and had lit a candle... they went into the kitchen to make a snack and wham it happened very very quickly.

They were lucky and in alot of respects so were we.
The man had to get oxygen for smoke inhalation and apart from a part of their livingroom there wasn't too much damage.

They tell you not to leave candle unattended but I know i do it (I won't be anymore) infact I blew mine out before we fled

Lucky

kate
05-08-04, 12:52
Lucky,

Yes I too leave lighted candles unattended, silly I know.

What a shock it must have been for you and thank goodness they had a smoke alarm fitted.

At least everyone escaped unharmed :D

Kate x

twister
05-08-04, 13:11
I bet you didnt panic though did you! We never do in a real serious situation!!!!!!!!

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

kate
05-08-04, 13:15
Too true, Em!!!

Amazing how we cope when faced with real situations.

Kate x

nomorepanic
05-08-04, 20:43
Lucky

Glad to hear that you are all ok and no-one was seriously hurt. Possession can be replaced.

Bet it was a bit of a shcok though but you obviously didn't panic or you would have mentioned it.

Candles are lovely things to have but aren't they so dangerous?

All ok in the end so that is good.

Nicola

Rennie1989
05-08-04, 21:09
lucky

your name really means alot at the mo, lol

well done for not panickin, how did u feel wen u went bak home and the followin nite

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

Laurie28
06-08-04, 09:46
Hiya,

Thankfully no panic involved, you so right em, i very rarely have a panic when I am at my most 'stressed' or harrassed it is afterwards (and can sometimes be quite a long time afterwards)
Luckily i didn't get stressed(i had no time!!!) instincts take over just do. Andrenaline kicks in.

Afterwards I did have a brief thought to whether I may suffer an anxiety/panic attack cause of it but I didn't I relaxed and everything was fine!!

Love
lucky

Rennie1989
06-08-04, 19:48
glad ur happy now lucky. im really suprised u didnt panic, i panic for the most silly of reasons, lol, its my hormoines, HAY I ADMITTED IT!!!

how u r lucky, sleep well last night

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears